Integrate Adobe CC programs with Canvas

I teach Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator at a Broward County high school. We have Office 365 programs integrated within our Canvas courses, and it is amazing! I would love for Canvas to integrate Adobe CC programs as well. If Canvas were to integrate Adobe CC programs, it would allow my students, few of whom have access to expensive Adobe programs at home, to work on their Digital Art assignments outside of my classroom. Please consider this idea!

4 Comments
Robbie_Grant
Community Champion

@elizabeth_mirab ,

This does look like a very interesting integration. Unfortunately, our feature idea process handles only ideas within the scope of Canvas. The beauty of Canvas is that it is a learning management platform that is designed to allow other software solutions to integrate with it. Many users have success in contacting the third party vendor to initiate an integration.  In this case, Adobe would need to create the integration as Google and Microsoft have for their integrations.

Robbie

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@elizabeth_mirab  

Robbie is correct.  Instructure (Canvas) would not build the integration, but we do have a team that reaches out to partners who are interested in building an integration.  I have added the 'partner integration' category and tag to this idea so that they will see it.

josuecarames
Community Explorer

Renee, 

Would you also recommend one of your partners to contact Apple and make their applications integrated into Canvas? I am referring primarily to Pages, Keynote, and Numbers, but also to GarageBand and iMovie. Thank you so much!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.