[DocViewer] Default palette of icons/ images

My skill with drawing using a mouse in Docviewer  is rather lackluster.  So my thought is a palette of predefined images would be ever so helpful.  A question mark, green check mark, new paragraph, etc. would be rather useful.  Any interest?

241773_check-mark-2-64.jpg241774_question-mark-6-48.jpg

Added to Theme

Provide more flexible grading options Theme Status: Identified

56 Comments
kathrynbeckerbl
Community Novice

You mean like stickers? As long as they had accessible tags for screenreaders, I'd use them! 

marcus_simmons
Community Novice

Another way to do it would be to enable autocorrect, using the same autocorrect shortcuts that packages like LibreOffice use; for example typing :check mark: produces a tick symbol, and there are many others. Also allowing us to make selected parts bold or underlined would be a great help. I'll also post these in Canvas Studio.

marthazumack
Community Contributor

Our tutors use a lot of tick marks, and most look a bit wonky, given that they are using a mouse. I know that many would appreciate a built in tick mark.

Jeff_F
Community Champion

cwruck
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the input here.

Keep it coming! We want to hear all those "out of the box" icons and images that are most important to you!

hansardc
Community Participant

I would also like to see a default set of comments and/or an area to add comments that I frequently use so that I do not have to type them in every time. I use Typeitin at work but have a Mac at home for grading and Typeitin doesn't work on a Mac.  I thought I saw this feature idea at one time. Anyone able to point me to that one to check on the status?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@hansardc ‌, you'll find that idea at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1751-ability-to-save-and-copy-from-frequently-used-comments-in... ; at this writing, it's open for voting and in Product Radar status. You might want to add feedback to that idea and "follow" it so you'll receive updates on its progress as they are posted.

hansardc
Community Participant

stefaniesanders‌ Thank you! I am now following it but it doesn't look like there has been much progress recently. Smiley Sad Fingers crossed for soon!

cholling
Community Champion

I would use a big fat obvious arrow. Love the tick mark idea.

Jeff_F
Community Champion

A friend sent me a short list - 

• Good point
  • Great idea
  • Needs more detail
  • Spelling error
  • Grammar error
  • Use complete sentences
  • Use complete paragraphs
  • Watch your punctuation
  • Also want a red X