Search for product guides, answers, blogs, release notes, and more:
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2,107,617 members
475,179 posts

See what's happening in the Community

Read the lastest Community news and updates. Be informed about updates from our product teams. Catch up on trending discussions.

Technology Utilization Competency 

(Community Member)
Accessibility

Document Accessibility

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there @gtg345x! When you say the "assignment is completed" do you mean when the student completed it? If so, you can go into SpeedGrader for the assignment. For each student, it will show the date and time they "completed" the assignment by upload...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Leadership/Management Competency 

(Community Member)
Accessibility

Document Accessibility

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When trying to add a YouTube video from the apps under tools, the YouTube app won't open, so there is no way to search for or embed a video. I uploaded an image to show what happened.  I have tried using Safari, Microsoft, and Google web browsers.  A...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there @Taylor_cm! Unfortunately this isn't an option; since users can have some courses where they are teachers and others where they are students, there wouldn't be a way to regulate that per user.

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Competency 

(Community Member)
Accessibility

Document Accessibility

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Evidence-Based Care Competency 

(Community Member)
Accessibility

Document Accessibility

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Communication Competency 

(Community Member)
Accessibility

Document Accessibility

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@paul_fynn I agree, I would like to see this in Beta someday, and I also agree with the fact that this could be revisited.  I feel that many educators would benefit from this feature.

(Community Coach)
The Product Blog
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Clinical/Professional Judgment Competency 

(Community Member)
Accessibility

Document Accessibility

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@Nancy_Webb_CCSF I'm glad to hear it's working better, and thank you so much for that feedback!  I'll talk about these ideas with our team @JawyeiWong Glad to hear this isn't disrupting any immediate flows, but we'll discuss this as well

(Instructure)
The Product Blog
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@hesspe I agree with everything you're saying here. The resulting return of a "Search" is actually very good and I really like the "Go to Reply" button that can show the response in context if it is a sub-reply to other users. I took a screenshot for...

(Community Explorer)
Discussions/Announcements Redesign
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Please feel free to close this thread.   It was a bad. join on my part.   Thank you so much to everyone here for stepping up to help out.   You are the best!!!

(Community Participant)
Data and Analytics Group
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We'll be interested to see this exciting development in BETA @AllisonHowell  We have a couple of challenges around 'assign to everyone', specifically at the point of import of activities and assignments. On importing of / copy to content from one Can...

(Community Coach)
The Product Blog
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problem statement: If a teacher wants to test out an assignment submission, they should do this in 'Student View' am I correct? But currently, it seems the item must be published first (ie: visible and available to students!). Proposed solution: If ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Thanks for pointing me to Ideas and Themes  , I will re-post there.  I got here because I saw "Ask the Community" button in top right.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am not yet to the point of setting up a course, but it is reassuring to know I can access these videos as needed.

(Community Novice)
Contingency Resources
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I appreciated having my attention drawn to this.  I did a little bit of testing and my observations are: - It is true that when you bring up a student's page in SpeedGrader, it is their first post, which can be a reply to another student rather than ...

(Community Champion)
Discussions/Announcements Redesign
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello @STEAMClown, What do you think about having the Google Slides embedded within a page in Canvas? That allows you to put content above or below the slides, such as links to assignments and/or quizzes. As you migrate this material to a new course ...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello @tslee, I think your idea for an Assignment Preview mode (and maybe a Discussions Preview mode?) would be great additions to Canvas. Have you checked out the Ideas and Themes area of the community? It allows you to share these ideas in a space ...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi @hkentnor1  You might like to look at the work at ourinstitution, presented by our assessment lead, James Trueman, at Instructurecon, where we deployed a locally built external assignment management tool which feeds the student information system ...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi @carloscruzqi  If you are giving a different due/availability date to a specific student, cannot remove the initial dates that were assigned to "Everyone".  You must do this by clicking "+Assign" and entering the student's name and their dates.  T...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Unfortunately not.  There was something about the way the courses were set up that required our admin and Canvas to work together to figure it out.  On my end it just magically started working again.  

(Community Explorer)
New Quizzes Discussion
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!I work in accessibility of online courses.  I recommend instructors write alternative text to be as extensive as needed to relay the essential detail or data of an image or graphic to students. While Canvas has an excellent platform that allows...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum

Canvas

Instructional Designer

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello @MattMiddleton, Can you describe what you mean by reformatting pages? There is currently not tons that can be done to pages en masse via the user interface, but I would like to look into this further for you.   Regards, James

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problem statement: When viewing the Gradebook, a user may select Secondary Info to be displayed in the Gradebook view. One option for Secondary Info in the Integration ID, however this data is not included in the CSV export when generated, though oth...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Thank you! 

(Community Member)
The Product Blog
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi Sean More than happy to help out. On a long-term mission to improve my own and share with others how to make content more interactive, engaging, impactful and dynamic. Especially pages.. Might be a good idea to talk with you about how we are devel...

(Community Coach)
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@sblanc It is my understanding that Google and Instructure are still working through this to ensure the transition will be smooth for folks. At this time there is not a new deprecation date.

(Community Coach)
The Product Blog
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problem statement: Currently in the Discussion/Announcements Redesign, the 'Full' Anonymous Discussion Option means "student names and profile pictures are hidden from other course members, including teachers." We recommend that teachers avoid using ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
Join and Host Live Events

Join and Host Live Events

Join a free live event hosted by employees and other Community members. Host a free event to share your knowledge and engage with users around the world.

View All Events