WEEK OF 2016-02-26
Your weekly newsletter for the latest and greatest about all things Canvas!
This Day In History: Pierre Renoir
On February 25, 1841, Pierre Auguste Renoir was born in the south-western city of Limoges, France and is known for his paintings using the Impressionist based style. Renoir first began studying art in 1862 and met artists such as Monet and Sisley; however, he did not begin to gain notoriety until ten years later during the Franco-Prussian War.
"Renoir's paintings are notable for their vibrant light and saturated color, most often focusing on people in intimate and candid compositions."
Later in his life, he developed arthritis which required him to adapt his painting style and technique. After World War 1, he visited the Louvre, where he was able to see his paintings. In 1990, his painting, Bal au Moulin de la Galette sold for $78 million.
In this Canvas release, admins can restrict students from viewing future enrollments in their courses list, and instructors can tell if their assignment submission Crocodoc annotations are being read by students. Canvas also includes various design enhancements to existing feature areas.
In this Catalog release, admins can add tags to a new or existing listing, and the User Registrations API supports registering user accounts.
In this Canvas by Instructure update students can view grades by grading period and multiple choice quiz questions are natively supported.
Canvas Events: InstructureCON, CanvasCONs and More!
What is InstructureCon?
It’s a conference held annually for people throughout the world who use and love Canvas or who would like to use Canvas. Our Learning Management System here at Instructure has been rocking the Higher Ed and K-12 Communities throughout the world. InstructureCon is where everyone comes together to share experiences, be taught new features and updates, where everyone is fed a wealth of Canvas knowledge, connections are made and networking is easy, and where SWAG is abundant. It’s a hoot, and well worth the time and money!
For information about our epic InstructureCon visit www.canvaslms.com/news/instructurecon.
Keep up to date with CanvasCons in your area, as well as other highlighted events from Instructure at our events page in the Community:
Florida - March 11, 2016
Please click here to register and for more information.
Canvas User Groups
MAGIC - Mid-Atlantic Group Instructing with Canvas
University of Mary Washington
Saturday, April 30th, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Please click here to register and for more information. Regular registration will close on 04/15/2016.
Teaching and Learning Technology Conference
Missouri University of Science and Technology
March 17-18, 2016
Please click here to register and for more information.
|Canvas Training Courses|
NEW TRAININGS ARE HERE!
Whether you're a veteran to Canvas or have just joined us for the first time, please take a minute to check out our Canvas Training Subscription Description.
It's subscription based and jam-packed with hands-on activities that you'll agree are totally awesome. A comprehensive list of the courses available for BOTH Canvas Admins and Instructors can be found HERE.
Canvas Network Course: Design Thinking For K12 Educators
Design Thinking For K12 Educators
This course provides an introduction to design thinking for K-12 teachers. Design thinking is a structured process used by educators, business leaders, and designers for solving complex, real-world problems. Click here to register.
As a participant, you will:
- Explore why the design thinking process is becoming increasingly popular, and how the process can be applied to K-12 classrooms.
- Learn about the different steps in the design thinking process.
- Receive tools, resources, and practical guidelines for applying design thinking in your classroom.
- Engage in hands-on work that uses a design guide template to lead you through the design thinking process.
Higher Ed Collective
New account reports are now available!
1.) LTI Report
This report provides an export of data that shows LTI (Learning Tool Interoperability) usage information such as:
- tool name
- tool type
- tool location (URL)
- Course/Account Level
- Course/Account ID
2.) Access Token Report
This report shows users with access tokens.
Please contact your Customer Success Manager if you are interested in having these reports enabled in your instance of Canvas.
K12 Bulletin Board
Check out the awesome one hour webinar coming up Mar 2, 2016 10:00 AM MST: Mobilizing Teens to Lead Service Learning Projects in Their Communities. For more information or to sign up visit https://community.canvaslms.com/events/1467.
Top Ten Guides: February 14-20, 2016
Jive Analytics (guides.canvaslms.com)
- How do I find my institution's URL to access the Canvas app on my mobile device?
- Which browsers does Canvas support?
- How do upload changes to the Gradebook?
- How do I view assignment feedback comments from my instructor using Crocodoc annotations?
- How do I submit an online assignment?
- How do I set my Notification Preferences?
- How do I sign up for an appointment using the Scheduler?
- How do I edit my Profile?
- How do submit a Turnitin assignment?
- How do I sign up for a Canvas account as a student?
Google Analytics (guides.instructure.com)
- How do I clear my browser cache on a Mac? (Admin)
- Which browsers does Canvas support? (Admin)
- How do I submit an online assignment? (Student)
- How do I submit a peer review to an Assignment? (Student)
- How do I submit a Turnitin Assignment? (Student)
- How do I change my login password? (Student)
- How do I view assignment feedback comments from my instructor using Crocodoc annotations? (Student)
- How do I view Turnitin results for my assignment submission? (Student)
- How do I view assignment comments from my instructor? (Student)
- How do I record a video using the Rich Content Editor? (Instructor)