WEEK OF 2016-05-27
Your weekly newsletter for the latest and greatest about all things Canvas!
This Day In History: May 27, 1937
At the height of the Great Depression, the Golden Gate Bridge opened to the public on May 27, 1937. The bridge took four years to construct, and when it was completed, it was the longest suspension bridge in the world, spanning 4200 feet. The bridge was named after the narrow straight that marked the entrance to the San Francisco Bay.
Since its opening 79 years ago, nearly two billion cars have crossed the bridge.
Release Notes: Feature Updates
In this beta release, Canvas has a new feature in SpeedGrader. Updates are also available in Admin Tools, Assignments, Quizzes, and Users. Minor changes have also been made in various feature areas and APIs.
In this release, Commons has added Consortiums to Admin Settings and has updates to the Resource Details Page.
Canvas Events: InstructureCON, CanvasCONs and More!
What is InstructureCon?
It’s a conference held annually for people throughout the world who use and love Canvas or who would like to use Canvas. Our Learning Management System here at Instructure has been rocking the Higher Ed and K-12 Communities throughout the world. InstructureCon is where everyone comes together to share experiences, be taught new features and updates, where everyone is fed a wealth of Canvas knowledge, connections are made and networking is easy, and where SWAG is abundant. It’s a hoot, and well worth the time and money!
For information about our epic InstructureCon visit www.canvaslms.com/news/instructurecon.
Keep up to date with CanvasCons in your area, as well as other highlighted events from Instructure at our events page in the Community:
LIVE Share: June Jump Outta Your Seat
The 4th Tuesday of every month, Canvas enthusiasts jump in to demonstrate and explore various Canvas features - some recently released, some current. Sharing is totally informal… just think of it as an opportunity share the way YOU do things in Canvas. Topics may or may not be related.
When and Where:
Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at LIVE Share
Starts at 3:00 PM · Ends at 4:00 PM
Please click here to register.
Higher Ed Collective
Navigation the New UI
Please see the links below to access our most recent webinar on the new UI.
Streaming recording link:
Download recording link:
K12 Bulletin Board
Feature Request Highlight
The Syllabus Page: Have the ability to filter the assignments so that the newest assignments are at the top.
Feature Request: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/5771.
Top Ten Guides: May 15 - May 21, 2016
Jive Analytics (guides.canvaslms.com)
- How do I find my institution's URL to access Canvas apps on my mobile device?
- Which browsers does Canvas support?
- Canvas Interface Overview (Instructors) [Video]
- Canvas Overview (Students) [Video]
- How do I set my Notification Preferences?
- How do I edit my Profile?
- How do I use the Dashboard? (New Canvas UI)
- What is the New Canvas User Interface?
- How do I submit an online assignment?
- How do I reply to a Discussion as a student?
Google Analytics (guides.instructure.com)
- How do I clear my browser cache on a Mac? (Admin)
- Which browsers does Canvas support? (Admin)
- Canvas Overview (Video)
- How do I submit an online assignment? (Student)
- How do I record a video using the Rich Content Editor? (Instructor)
- How do I edit my Profile? (Student)
- How do I change my login password? (Student)
- What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas? (Admin)
- How do I submit a Turnitin Assignment? (Student)
- How do I sign up for a Canvas account as a student? (Student)