WEEK OF 2016-06-24
Your weekly newsletter for the latest and greatest about all things Canvas!
This Day In History: June 24, 1901
June 24, 1901
When Pablo Picasso was only 19 years old, the Spaniard’s art was exhibited for the first time in Paris, France. They displayed 75 of his pieces that “offered moody, representational paintings by a young artist with obvious talent.”
Throughout his life, Picasso created “50,000 paintings, drawings, engravings, sculptures, and ceramics,” and continues to be one of the most well know artists in history.
In this production release (June 25), admins can save themes for their institutions in the Theme Editor, and minor settings options have been included in several account-level features. For instructors, the Notifications page clarifies the purpose of the Grading notification, and the Gradebook and Rubrics include small icon updates.
The production release notes also include fixed bugs.
Canvas Events: InstructureCON
InstructureCON 2016: For information visit www.canvaslms.com/news/instructurecon
Tips and Tricks
Struggling to come up with ways on onboarding and engaging your new teachers with Canvas? Check out our Strategy Group in the Community for ideas for our amazing Product Engagement team.
Higher Ed Collective
During the month of June 2016, CanvasLIVE will temporarily go DARK, with programming on-hold so you can help us design and facilitate all new activities!
The new vision is that CanvasLIVE will be: "An engaging place for real-time activities offered for the community, by the community."
Please join a public discussion about CanvasLIVE by clicking:
- "Share Your Ideas"
- Offer feedback about past CanvasLIVE programs by clicking "Take The Survey"
- Help us build a new CanvasLIVE space by clicking "Join The Focus Group"
K12 Bulletin Board
Hey Canvas users going to ISTE: There is a reception hosted by Instructure on Tuesday night, June 28th @ The Edge Restaurant. There is no cost and no RSVP required. It's FREE and OPEN to all (...cause that's how we roll).
Top Ten Guides: June 12 - June 18, 2016
Jive Analytics (guides.canvaslms.com)
- How do I find my institution's URL to access Canvas apps on my mobile device?
- Which browsers does Canvas support?
- Canvas Overview (Students) [Video]
- Canvas Interface Overview (Instructors) [Video]
- How do I submit an online assignment?
- How do I sign up for a Canvas account as a student?
- How do I set my Notification Preferences?
- User Settings and Profile Picture (All Users) [Video]
- How do I edit my Profile?
- Assignments Submissions (Students) [Video]
Google Analytics (guides.instructure.com)
- Which browsers does Canvas support? (Admin)
- How do I clear my browser cache on a Mac? (Admin)
- Canvas Overview (Video)
- How do I submit an online assignment? (Student)
- How do I set my Notification Preferences? (Instructor)
- How do I add a Profile picture? (Instructor)
- How do I change my login password? (Student)
- How do I submit a peer review to an Assignment? (Student)
- How do I sign up for a Canvas account as a student? (Student)
- What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas? (Admin)