WEEK OF 2016-07-29
Your weekly newsletter for the latest and greatest about all things Canvas!
This Day In History: NASA Was Created
This day in History: NASA Was Created
As the most innovative and up and coming country around, we couldn't sit around and let Russia out do us when it came to space exploration. On October 4, 1967, Russia successfully launched Sputnik 1, which was their first satellite in space. With Russia's release came the space race.
The United States answered Russia's satellite with a one up, with Neil Armstrong's successful mission, and completion as the first man to ever walk on the moon. This was possible due to the new organization known as NASA, who provided funding for these once unimagined projects in space.
In this beta release, Canvas has a new feature for Assignments and Files. Updates are also available in Authentication, Reports, and SpeedGrader, as well as the accessibility keyboard shortcut icon and APIs.
In this Canvas by Instructure update, the app supports Next and Previous Modules navigation and multiple grading periods.
In this Canvas by Instructure update, users can view multiple grading periods. Several app areas also include minor design updates.
Canvas Events: CanvasCON and User Group
Please click here to register.
CANVAS ROUNDTABLE AT DARTMOUTH - SHARE, BUILD COMMUNITY, INNOVATE
Where: Dartmouth College
Murdough Center, Cook Auditorium
Tuck School of Business
Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
When: Friday, August 12, 2016 - 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Join higher ed Canvas users (and prospective users) from New England at the fourth annual Canvas Roundtable at Dartmouth College. As the last of three 2016 summer Canvas events, the Roundtable is an opportunity to follow up on and delve deeper into questions raised at the June 6 Canvas User Group and ideas from InstructureCon, while also providing a chance to discuss new topics not raised at these other events. The day will be a mix of large group discussions and breakout sessions where we’ll explore topics of interest to different groups – managers, instructional designers, tech support, and prospective Canvas users. Click here to register.
Tips and Tricks
Fast Track Series
One of the most successful training tools we have seen is using the Fast Track Videos to get your faculty and staff excited about a new feature in Canvas. Set them up for success by showing them the quick 2.5-5 minute video on the new feature (hopefully they won’t get bored after 2.5 minutes) and then teach them how to utilize it in their classrooms. Let them play around with the feature before setting them free and watch the feature come to life! We promise, it works.
Canvas Engagement: Canvas Fasttrack Video Series
Higher Ed Collective
InstructureCon 2016 Post-Conference Feedback
This is an open discussion where you all can publicly share your qualitative thoughts and feedback about InstructureCon 2016! Please post before reading the comments from others. Then feel free to reply to others! Click here to read more!
K12 Bullentin Board
K12 Bulletin: Unpacking the Classroom for Admins
Join us for our study hall where we provide a live webinar where you can participate and ask questions right then and there. We will provide information on how to get everything ready for school!
Top Ten Guides: July 17 - July 23, 2016
Jive Analytics (guides.canvaslms.com)
- How do I find my institution's URL to access Canvas apps on my mobile device?
- Which browsers does Canvas support?
- Canvas Interface Overview (Instructors) [Video]
- Canvas Overview (Students) [Video]
- How do I submit an online assignment?
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?
- How do I use the Dashboard?
- How do I edit my profile in my user account?
- How do I change the Course Home Page?
- How do I add contact methods to receive Canvas notifications?
Google Analytics (guides.instructure.com)
- How do I clear my browser cache on a Mac? (Admin)
- Which browsers does Canvas support? (Admin)
- How do I change my login password? (Student)
- How do I submit a peer review to an Assignment? (Student)
- How do I submit an online assignment? (Student)
- How do I add new people to an existing conversation? (Instructor)
- What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas? (Admin)
- How do I import content from another Canvas course? (Instructor)
- Canvas Overview (Video)
- How do I record a video using the Rich Content Editor? (Instructor)