WEEK OF 2016-07-15
Your weekly newsletter for the latest and greatest about all things Canvas!
This Day In History: Movie Trivia
This Day in History: July 15, 1988: Movie Trivia-Die Hard
Bruce Willis was not a well known actor until this day in 1988 when his hit movie Die Hard debuted. Three sequels followed this first movie, and “Die Hard” became an adjective in the movie world.
The movie was “Based on Roderick Thorp’s novel Nothing Lasts Forever, Die Hard.”
In this production release (July 16), admins can customize the Help link text and icon for their institution, manage the Theme Editor for sub-accounts, associate grading periods with terms, and view the total size of all source files in a course. Admins can also choose to enable a new feature option for the Rich Content Editor sidebar. Instructors can use MathML tags in the Rich Content Editor and view other small changes to better manage their courses. Additionally, international users in 13 countries can enable SMS messages for Canvas notifications.
Canvas Events: InstructureCON: The Time is Now!
InstructureCON 2016: For information visit:
You can register for Pre-Con Sessions now. Ed Camp is open and free for everyone to attend!
|What to Expect When Expecting InstuctureCon 2016 (WEBINAR):|
We’ve always felt like InstructureCon was summer camp for education-minded adults. But in 2016 we’re doubling down with a summer camp theme: Kumbayawesome! Come join us at Camp Canvas for all the education-driven, Canvas-based awesomeness you can shake an immaculately-whittled stick at. Plus campfires and boondoggles (!!!) and rivers and late night shenanigans and who knows what else! Come on, campers!
If you are one of the lucky ones coming to camp with us-WE ARE SO EXCITED. In our most recent K12 Assembly, we introduced guest presenter Jacquelyn Burrell. Jacquelyn, our Director of Events, presented all about what to expect, when expecting InstructureCon at Keystone, CO 2016! Thank you to all of those that attended the webinar! If you were unable to attend, please see the recorded link below to watch! You won’t want to be the one left in the dark...
- Why Keystone: Find out why we chose to hold this year’s InstructureCon in Keystone Colorado
- The Venue: Learn about the Keystone venue, transportation, lodging, etc.
- K12 Specific Sessions: This new focus comes straight from you, our K12 admins!
- Activities: Get an insider's view of our Kumbayawesome activities happening that week.
- How to Prep: Altitude sickness? Weather considerations? We’ve got you covered!
To view the recording or download onto your local device, please see links below:
Download recording link:
Don’t forget! The schedule is HERE! Start scoping out which sessions you can’t wait to attend.
Tips and Tricks
How are you going to replace Zaption? See the Community discussion HERE to read about other options that institutions are looking at.
Higher Ed Collective
Please click here to register.
K12 Bullentin Board
Top Ten Guides: July 3 - July 9, 2016
Jive Analytics (guides.canvaslms.com)
- How do I find my institution's URL to access Canvas apps on my mobile device?
- Which browsers does Canvas support?
- Canvas Overview (Students) [Video]
- Canvas Interface Overview (Instructors) [Video]
- How do I submit an online assignment?
- How do I use the Dashboard?
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?
- ePortfolios (Students) [Videos]
- How do I edit my profile in my user account?
- How do I reply to a discussion as a student?
Google Analytics (guides.instructure.com)
- Which browsers does Canvas support? (Admin)
- How do I clear my browser cache on a Mac? (Admin)
- How do I submit an online assignment? (Student)
- How do I change my login password? (Student)
How do I submit a peer review to an Assignment? (Student)
How do I record a video using the Rich Content Editor? (Instructor)
How do I subscribe to the Calendar Feed using Google Calendar? (Student)
What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas? (Admin)
How do upload a file as an assignment submission in Canvas? (Student)
How do I sign up for a Canvas account as a student? (Student)