WEEK OF 2016-08-26
Your weekly newsletter for the latest and greatest about all things Canvas!
This Day In History: Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa was born on August 26, 1910
In 1979 Mother Teresa, who was born as Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu, received the Nobel Peace Prize for her unrelenting assistance to the poor and needy throughout the world, and throughout her entire life. At age 18, Agnes left her family home to join a commune of nuns, as she felt her calling in life was to spread the good word. At age 20 she went to India to take her final vows, and from there, devoted her life to helping the poor outside of the convent walls.
In this production release (August 27), admins can customize the default Help links in the Global Navigation Menu for their institution. Instructors can add images to Dashboard course cards (if allowed by their institution) and easily move an existing event to another calendar. Instructors and other course conference moderators can use live captioning in Conferences. All users can enable a new option in User Settings to underline all Canvas links without relying on High Contrast Styles.
Instructors and students also benefit from design improvements to the Assignments, Conferences, Modules, and Quizzes pages. Other features include additional improvements.
Canvas Events: CanvasCON and User Groups
Please click here to register.
Don’t mess with Texas! UT Austin is hosting the Texas Canvas User Group (TCUG) conference this year in Austin, November 10th-11th, 2016. If you are an admin or instructor in Texas, click the link above to register for this awesome user conference.
Higher Ed Collective
We Want Your Feedback!
At InstructureCon, many of you were kind enough to stop by the community lounge and share your thoughts about the community — and the Canvas guides! But for those of you who weren’t able to make it, we want to keep the conversation going.
We’d like to invite you to share your thoughts about the Canvas Guides. How are you using the guides? What do you like about the guides? What don’t you like about the guides? Take a few minutes to fill out the online survey and enter a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card!
We’d love to get as many comments and survey responses as possible by Monday, August 29.
K12 Bullentin Board
Sign on to Participate in a FREE Event: Course Design, Engagement, Rollout, etc.
Totally FREE and totally AWESOME!
CanvasLIVE is a place for Canvas users to gather and engage in real-time collaboration while sharing and learning different ways others are leveraging Canvas. And it's all FREE, of course! Events are organized by community members, as well as Instructure. Events range from formal presentations and hands-on workshops to 24/7 chat sessions and informal meet-ups. Participate in an upcoming event or create and host your own. We provide all the tools, templates, and support to facilitate your CanvasLIVE events! Let us know if we're missing something you need - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to "Follow" (button is in the banner) this space so you never miss a beat! And subscribe to the CanvasLIVE Blog to catch up on the weekly news!
Click this LINK to start exploring!!
Top Ten Guides: August 14 - 20, 2016
Jive Analytics (guides.canvaslms.com)
- How do I find my institution's URL to access Canvas apps on my mobile device?
- Which browsers does Canvas support?
- Canvas Overview (Students) [Video]
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?
- How do I submit an online assignment?
- How do I import content from another Canvas course?
- Canvas Interface Overview (Instructors) [Video]
- How do I use the Dashboard?
- What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?
- How do I add a profile picture in my user account?
Google Analytics (guides.instructure.com)
- Which browsers does Canvas support? (Admin)
- How do I clear my browser cache on a Mac? (Admin)
- Canvas Overview (Video)
- How do I submit an online assignment? (Student)
- How do I sign up for a Canvas account as a student? (Student)
- How do I sign up for a Canvas account as a parent? (Observer)
- How do I import content from another Canvas course? (Instructor)
- How do I view my grades in a current course? (Student)
- How do I change my login password? (Student)
- How do I add an additional email address as a contact method in Canvas? (Student)