WEEK OF 2016-09-02
Your weekly newsletter for the latest and greatest about all things Canvas!
This Day In History: U.S. Treasury
Who Doesn’t Love Money?
On this day in 1798 the U.S. Treasury was officially founded by Congress. This process had been in the works for while, as America’s Leaders “issu[ed] cash that doubled as redeemable ‘bills of credit’” to fund the Revolutionary War. It worked like a charm…and charmed America into their first debt.
In this production release (August 27), admins can customize the default Help links in the Global Navigation Menu for their institution. Instructors can add images to Dashboard course cards (if allowed by their institution) and easily move an existing event to another calendar. Instructors and other course conference moderators can use live captioning in Conferences. All users can enable a new option in User Settings to underline all Canvas links without relying on High Contrast Styles.
Instructors and students also benefit from design improvements to the Assignments, Conferences, Modules, and Quizzes pages. Other features include additional improvements.
Canvas Events: CanvasCONs and User Groups
Don’t mess with Texas! UT Austin is hosting the Texas Canvas User Group (TCUG) conference this year in Austin, November 10th-11th, 2016. If you are an admin or instructor in Texas, click the link above to register for this awesome user conference.
Higher Ed Collective
Canvas LIVE Event: Faculty Tips and Tricks: Hints and Reminders from Peers for Getting the Most out of Canvas
One of your most valuable resources are your colleagues, especially the ones ahead of the pack, testing things out and smoothing the way for those who follow their lead. These tips and tricks are compiled from UCF faculty, often in their own words, of things that work (or didn’t work!) for them in Canvas. Often these are one-time settings that are easy to forget from one term to the next. What started as a one-time, ten-item checklist has grown to a developed resource and links to UCF materials that are available to everyone online.
Please click here to register.
K12 Bullentin Board
Canvas LIVE Presentation: What’s New in Canvas (Fall 2016)
It's back to school time again and there are some new outfits in the Canvas closet that are just waiting for you and your students! Join us as we highlight and explain some of best new features in the Canvas LMS
Participants who attend the session will learn about...
Concluded/Inactive Enrollment Settings in Canvas & SpeedGrader
New SpeedGrader Interface Changes and Comment Drafts
How to make sense of Assignment settings that are Not Graded, Not Counted, Not for Points…
Recent Canvas for iOS & Android Mobile App updates
Changes Made in Canvas Commons
How to setup a cool image for your Course on the Dashboard
The all new Canvas Parent App
Please click here to register.
Top Ten Guides: August 21-27, 2016
Jive Analytics (guides.canvaslms.com)
- How do I find my institution's URL to access Canvas apps on my mobile device?
- Which browsers does Canvas support?
- Canvas Interface Overview (Instructors) [Video]
- Canvas Overview (Students) [Video]
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?
- How do I submit an online assignment?
- How do I reply to a discussion as a student?
- How do I add a profile picture in my user account?
- User Settings and Profile Picture (All Users) [Video]
- How do I customize my Courses list?
Google Analytics (guides.instructure.com)
- Which browsers does Canvas support? (Admin)
- How do I submit an online assignment? (Student)
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences? (Instructor)
- Canvas Overview (Video)
- How do I clear my browser cache on a Mac? (Admin)
- How do I add a profile picture in my user account? (Instructor)
- How do I record a video using the Rich Content Editor? (Instructor)
- How do I sign up for a Canvas account as a student? (Student)
- How do I edit my profile in my user account? (Student)
- How do I take a quiz? (Student)