WEEK OF 2017-01-06
Your weekly newsletter for the latest and greatest about all things Canvas!
Announcement: Canvas Network Educator Catalog
Canvas Network recently launched the Educator Catalog. In this catalog, administrators, teachers, and instructional designers can find FREE professional development courses ranging from data privacy to using Canvas analytics in course design. There are currently 25 courses with more to come.
A few course suggestions:
- (K-12/HE) Canvas Course Design Lab: Add Flair to Your Canvas Course - Canvas Network | Free online courses | MOOCs
- Canvas Network | Free online courses | MOOCs
- (HE) Designing and Teaching for Impact in Online Courses - Canvas Network | Free online courses | MOOCs
- (HE) Analytics in Course Design: Leveraging Canvas Data - Canvas Network | Free online courses | MOOCs
Canvas User Conferences
InstructureCON 2017 Call For Proposals!
Why settle for being an attendee at the greatest conference in EdTech when you can be famous as a presenter!? Select the link below to learn more on being a presenter at InstructureCON 2017!
After the holiday fun is over (wah-wah), make sure you mark your calendars, do a happy dance, and register for CanvasCon SMU on March 13th, 2017!
This one-day regional conference for Canvas users will feature presentations from higher ed and K-12 educators, innovators, and thought leaders from your neck of the woods. Session highlights include:
- Strategies for LMS migration and faculty adoption
- Ways to use and share open resources
- Tools for assessments and analytics
- Tips for best-in-class course design
- And more!
Monday, March 13th, 2017
8 AM – 6 PM
$49 – Includes Breakfast, Lunch & Closing Reception
Southern Methodist University (SMU)
Hughes-Trigg Student Center, 3140 Dyer St, Dallas, TX 75205
This is your chance to join us for a daylong full of collaborating, learning, networking, sharing, and fun. See you there!
ATTENTION FUTURE PRESENTERS!
Want to speak at CanvasCon SMU? ABSOLUTELY! Click HERE to submit your session. Deadline is Monday, January 30th, 2017.
Canvas Feature Requests
Check out the top five feature requests currently open for voting!
Adjust All Assignment Due Dates On One Page
Based on the canvancement - Adjust All Assignment Dates on One Page - by James Jones, this session will be a quick demo of his google sheet that allows faculty to change all assignment due dates on one page.
Friday, January 13, 2017 at YouTubeLIVE Link Coming Soon
Starts at 10:00 AM · Ends at 10:30 AM, MST (America/Denver)
Top Ten Guides: December 25 - December 31, 2016
Jive Analytics (guides.canvaslms.com)
- How do I find my institution's URL to access Canvas apps on my mobile device?
- Which browsers does Canvas support?
- Canvas Overview (Students) [Video]
- How do I copy content from another Canvas course?
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?
- How do I use the Dashboard?
- How do I submit an online assignment?
- How do I reorder and hide Course Navigation links?
- What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?
- How do I customize my Course list?