WEEK OF 2017-03-31
Your weekly newsletter for the latest and greatest about all things Canvas!
Canvas Release Notes
In this production release (April 1), admins can can weight individual grading periods for all courses in a term, allow courses to support course exports for students, and use an SIS Enrollments CSV file to enroll users to only see and interact with other users in a course. Admins can also enable workflow enhancements in Scheduler.
Instructors can include the playsinline video tag attribute in the Rich Content Editor and can view the assignment name of a recently graded item in Student Context Cards.
For all users, the Chat tool includes interface enhancements.
Canvas User Conferences
InstructureCON 2017 Registration is open! Find out all the details by clicking here!
Make sure you mark your calendars, do a happy dance, and register for CanvasCon USF on Monday, April 10th, 2017! This is the perfect way to kick-start the week with a full day of learning, laughing, networking, and fun! No Monday blues allowed! REGISTER NOW!
This one-day, regional conference is designed specifically for the Canvas user & the Canvas curious. It will feature presentations from higher ed and K-12 educators, innovators, and thought leaders from your neck of the woods.
Session highlights include:
- Strategies for LMS migration and faculty adoption
- Ways to use and share open resources
- Tools for assessments and analytics
- Tips for best-in-class course design
- And much, much more!
Monday, April 10th, 2017
8 AM – 6 PM
$49 – Breakfast, lunch & cocktail reception included!
University of South Florida
Marshall Student Center
4102 USF Cedar Cir, Tampa, FL
Please join us for our 2017 CanvasCon at IUPUI! CanvasCon is a one-day, regional event that we’ve specifically designed for our midwestern educators. Everyone is invited, from the Canvas-curious to the expert user! REGISTER NOW!
We’ll discuss hot topics trending in the Ed tech world and host Canvas-specific sessions. We’ve jam-packed the agenda with awesome sessions from educators, innovators, and thought leaders in both Higher Education and K12. There will be separate tracks for Higher Ed and K12, and plenty of ed-tech goodness—new skills and techniques, networking, collaboration, idea-sharing, and other fun—for Canvas users and non-Canvas users alike. We promise there’s something for everyone! Join us for a full day of learning and awesomeness or risk suffering in everlasting FOMO.
June 12th 9 AM - 4 PM
IUPUI Campus Center- 4th Floor (420 University Blvd, Indianapolis) Cost: $49
Canvas User Groups
Mid-Atlantic Group Instructing with Canvas
Join us for the third annual MAGIC conference at Howard Community College in Columbia, Maryland.
Call for Proposals are being accepted through March 8, 2017. Please visit www.canvasmagic.org for CFP and to Register for the event.
NERCOMP Canvas User Group
On Monday, June 12th NERCOMP will be hosting it’s Annual Canvas User Group in Norwood, MA!
The NERCOMP Canvas User Group works to provide New England area Canvas folks a professional development experience each summer and we need your help! Our call for proposals will ensure that you have a voice in our Canvas learning this year! Submit your idea(s) here if you’re interested in sharing with your Canvas colleagues in June at the NERCOMP Canvas User Group.
CanvasLive Series for Med Schools
Participation would entail:
- Session attendance (we'll coordinate date/times later)
- Minimum of 5-10 minutes of show-and-tell (live demo of your Canvas)
- Answering follow-up questions from the viewing audience
Canvas Feature Requests
Check out the top five feature requests currently open for voting!
Top Ten Guides: March 19-March 25, 2017
- How do I find my institution's URL to access Canvas apps on my mobile device?
- Which browsers does Canvas support?
- How do I view the rubric for my graded discussion?
- Canvas Overview (Students) [Video]
- How do I submit an online assignment?
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?
- How do I upload a file as an assignment submission in Canvas?
- How do I upload changes to the Gradebook?
- How do I view assignment feedback comments from my instructor using Crocodoc annotations?
- How do I add contact methods to receive Canvas notifications?