WEEK OF 2017-04-14
Your weekly newsletter for the latest and greatest about all things Canvas!
Canvas Release Notes
In this beta release, Canvas has new features for new courses. Other updates are also available in the Dashboard, People, Reports, and in the Canvas API documentation.
Beta features are subject to change based on user feedback and testing. Please follow the release notes for the latest information.
In this Arc release, users can add YouTube videos to their media collections.
Canvas User Conferences
InstructureCON 2017 Registration is open! Find out all the details by clicking here!
Please join us for our 2017 CanvasCon at IUPUI! CanvasCon is a one-day, regional event that we’ve specifically designed for our midwestern educators. Everyone is invited, from the Canvas-curious to the expert user! REGISTER NOW!
We’ll discuss hot topics trending in the Ed tech world and host Canvas-specific sessions. We’ve jam-packed the agenda with awesome sessions from educators, innovators, and thought leaders in both Higher Education and K12. There will be separate tracks for Higher Ed and K12, and plenty of ed-tech goodness—new skills and techniques, networking, collaboration, idea-sharing, and other fun—for Canvas users and non-Canvas users alike. We promise there’s something for everyone! Join us for a full day of learning and awesomeness or risk suffering in everlasting FOMO.
June 12th 9 AM - 4 PM
IUPUI Campus Center- 4th Floor (420 University Blvd, Indianapolis) Cost: $49
Canvas User Groups
NERCOMP Canvas User Group
On Monday, June 12th NERCOMP will be hosting it’s Annual Canvas User Group in Norwood, MA!
The NERCOMP Canvas User Group works to provide New England area Canvas folks a professional development experience each summer and we need your help! Our call for proposals will ensure that you have a voice in our Canvas learning this year! Submit your idea(s) here if you’re interested in sharing with your Canvas colleagues in June at the NERCOMP Canvas User Group.
CanvasLive Series for Med Schools
Participation would entail:
- Session attendance (we'll coordinate date/times later)
- Minimum of 5-10 minutes of show-and-tell (live demo of your Canvas)
- Answering follow-up questions from the viewing audience
Canvas Feature Requests
Check out the top five feature requests currently open for voting!
Top Ten Guides: April 2 - April 8, 2017
- How do I find my institution's URL to access Canvas apps on my mobile device?
- Which browsers does Canvas support?
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?
- How do I submit an online assignment?
- Canvas Overview (Students) [Video]
- How do I add contact methods to receive Canvas notifications?
- How do I add a comment to an assignment submission using the SpeedGrader app on my iPad?
- How do I download assignment submissions from all my courses?
- How do I use the Dashboard?
- How do I send a message to a user in a course in Conversations?