WEEK OF 2017-04-28
Your weekly newsletter for the latest and greatest about all things Canvas!
Canvas FastTrack Series: Offline Content
FastTrack: Canvas Admin - Offline Content Module Export
The "FastTrack: Canvas Admin Video Series" is a quick video guide for Canvas Administrators to learn about a few of our admin level tools and how they can be shared with Instructors and Students. This series is designed to continue to help with driving adoption and engagement of all the features of Canvas. We will present a new 2 1/2 - 3 minute video to the Community. Everyone is encouraged to reply and share their personal insight, experiences, and advice.
Episode 12 is a 2 minute video about Offline Content via Module Export. This tool can be enabled by your Customer Success Manager, it will appear in all courses in your Canvas instance but can be disabled for courses in the settings area of the Courses that would not like it enabled. It is a great tool to enable if you have students at your institution who may have unreliable internet access after class, but would like access to content for studying purposes.
Canvas User Conferences
InstructureCON 2017 Registration is open! Find out all the details by clicking here!
Please join us for our 2017 CanvasCon at IUPUI! CanvasCon is a one-day, regional event that we’ve specifically designed for our midwestern educators. Everyone is invited, from the Canvas-curious to the expert user! REGISTER NOW!
We’ll discuss hot topics trending in the Ed tech world and host Canvas-specific sessions. We’ve jam-packed the agenda with awesome sessions from educators, innovators, and thought leaders in both Higher Education and K12. There will be separate tracks for Higher Ed and K12, and plenty of ed-tech goodness—new skills and techniques, networking, collaboration, idea-sharing, and other fun—for Canvas users and non-Canvas users alike. We promise there’s something for everyone! Join us for a full day of learning and awesomeness or risk suffering in everlasting FOMO.
June 12th 9 AM - 4 PM
IUPUI Campus Center- 4th Floor (420 University Blvd, Indianapolis) Cost: $49
Canvas User Groups
NERCOMP Canvas User Group
On Monday, June 12th NERCOMP will be hosting it’s Annual Canvas User Group in Norwood, MA!
The NERCOMP Canvas User Group works to provide New England area Canvas folks a professional development experience each summer and we need your help! Our call for proposals will ensure that you have a voice in our Canvas learning this year! Submit your idea(s) here if you’re interested in sharing with your Canvas colleagues in June at the NERCOMP Canvas User Group.
Curious about the recently released Scheduler/Calendar Integration? See it in action and ask questions!
Participants who attend the session will learn about...
- Benefits of the new Scheduler Workflow
- How new Scheduler Workflow changes the appointment scheduling experience
- How to request new Scheduler Workflow for your institution
Monday, May 8, 2017 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtcKp0iB4ZE
Starts at 1:00 PM · Ends at 1:30 PM, MDT (America/Denver)
Canvas Feature Requests
Check out the top five feature requests currently open for voting!
Top Ten Guides: April 16 - April 22, 2017
- The lists reflect the new changes within the Guides.
- Most of the lessons are from the Student Guide.
- Where do I find an institution's URL to access Canvas apps on mobile devices?
- Which browsers does Canvas support?
- How do I submit an online assignment?
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?
- Canvas Overview (Students) [Video]
- How do I add contact methods to receive Canvas notifications?
- How do I submit a peer review to an assignment?
- How do I edit my profile in my user account?
- How do I upload changes to the Gradebook?
- How do I view assignment feedback comments from my instructor using Crocodoc annotations?