Well, the time has come! The New UI has officially launched for every instance of Canvas! Schools had about a year to adjust to this transition - some enabling it earlier than others. But now, the 'new' UI is officially the normal Canvas UI. There's no going back! In addition to reading the New UI FAQ, here are other tips to help keep things moving forward.
The Big Transition
Many informative resources exist throughout the community that discuss different ways institutions have handled the roll-out of the new (now normal) UI. Check out the comments threads in the following discussions for additional considerations and insights:
- Logistics for switching to new UI by Lindy Foster
- Is your institution using the new UI? by Amanda Sara Bass
- Rolling out the Canvas New UI - Shared Practices by Jordan Dayton
Leveraging the New-Not-New-Anymore UI
Over the past few months, we've had a lot of feedback from those who have enabled the new UI early and shared their 'best practices' in the community. You may want to check out the following discussion threads for ideas on ways others have adapted to the UI changes:
- Canvas UI and Theme Editor Examples by Chris Weddick
- New Ui and High Contrast Styles by Canvas Admin
- Injecting Image and Text to Login Page by David Willmore
- Adding custom menu items by Matthew Jennings
The New UI is Out, and so is the New UI Group
The ARCHIVED: User Group: New UI has been active since the initial beta, and will remain as a resource until September 23, 2016. At that point, the resources will be redistributed through the community and the group archived. So, if you are currently a member of this group, please note that after this date, you will not be able to access the group.
Although the new UI isn't so 'new' anymore, remember to always strive towards keeping things fresh!