TL;DR - Join the Focus Group, Contact CSM & give feedback. It looks awesome!!
New Gradebook: Phase 1
Christi Wruck, Instructure
The major takeaways from this session were:
- 0.5 behind feature flag now, call CSM
- Change is hard & is really designed for those that are intrested and engaged to communicate back. Would not turn on for everyone yet.
- Join the focus group by contacting your CSM
Phase 0.5 -
Phase 1.0 -
Phase 2.0 -
Once Phase 2.0 is complete the old Grade Book will be discontinued most likely Summer of 2018.
And here it is:
Other Cool Stuff:
- Cool filters by module, groups & all the other awesome filters.
- Can add individual colors for late & missing assignments.
- Can show/hide unpublished assignments.
- Crosshair to know which cell you are in.
- Sorting of names & columns.
- Late policies automations.
- No pop up modal for grading.
- View persistence from how it was last displayed for you.
- No more tool tips that will cover cell above/below.
- Multiple Notes columns allowed.
- There will be small changes to student view of Grades.
- Grade Change History will be unlimited.
- Extra Credit may be later Phase 2 or in iterations after.
- Assignment group columns & Total column are drag & drop ordering.
If I missed anything or got it wrong, please let me know in the comments!!