Yes, the presentations at InstructureCon are amazing, but what if instead of just one person sharing and talking about a topic, there was an opportunity for a number of people to share and collaborate on that topic?
“The sum of the expertise of the people in the audience is greater than the sum of expertise of the people on stage.” – Dave Winer, What is an unconference?
What does this quote mean? Together we have more experience, knowledge, and insight than any one individual does. That’s the amazingness of an unconference, it's the chance for everyone who attends to share and collaborate!
Want more information on what an unconference looks like? Check out this blog – What is an Unconference?
So why should YOU attend the InstructureCon unconference? Here are my top 5 reasons why attending the unconference could be the best part of your InstructureCon experience!
- Your mind just got blown away by all the amazing things you saw and heard at InstructureCon, so why not take some time to debrief? What was the most amazing thing you heard/learned about? What about those new features/tools? How can you take what you learned and apply it at your school?
- Want to dig deeper into a topic/feature/idea? Unconferences are a great place to get lost down a rabbit hole with other like-minded people!
- Collaborate and make connections. An unconference is a chance to really talk and share with people. Wouldn't it be great to make a few friends that you can email after the conference when you have a question or want to talk Canvas?
- Topics are current, so no delay between proposing a presentation and presenting! Here is a chance to have relevant and up-to-date conversations about things that are happening right now!
- Fun, fun, fun! Unconferences are relaxed, very informal, and seriously, if it's a Canvas event you know you're going to have a great time!
And if these aren't enough reasons, the InstructureCon Unconference is being facilitated by the Canvas Community Team! Yep, yours truly and some of the amazing Community Managers and Coaches are working together to make this the most awesome unconference yet!
Interested in attending the unconference? See the following information:
InstructureCon 2018 Unconference
Friday, July 27th, 2018