• Getting Started with Canvas in 10 Steps (Faculty)

Who doesn’t love a “10 steps guide” to get yourself familiarized in Canvas? When we transitioned to Canvas, our faculty were yearning for a quick-start checklist. So, we searched in the Canvas Commun...
    Karen Pinto
    last modified by Karen Pinto
  • Taking the Mystery out of Mastery Paths

Presentation Title Taking the Mystery out of Mastery Paths   Abstract / Session Overview Want an all-access Safari pass to the ins and outs of Mastery Paths? Come learn about the traditional uses and e...
    Kona Jones
    last modified by Kona Jones
  • Cat herding for beginners: My first year as the technical expert for a large multi-institutional consortium

Presentation Title Cat herding for beginners: My first year as the technical expert for a large multi-institutional consortium, or what I wish I knew when we started, or how to get ahead in Canvas without eve...
    David Tod
    last modified by David Tod
  • We're Adopting Canvas as Our LMS?! Faculty Perspectives on the Challenges, Opportunities, and Outcomes of Switching to Canvas

Replay our session at InstCon 2019!   Presentation Title We're Adopting Canvas as Our LMS?! Faculty Perspectives on the Challenges, Opportunities, and Outcomes of Switching to Canvas   Session Overview H...
    Gannon Nordberg
    last modified by Gannon Nordberg
  • PRE-CON: API 101: Introduction to APIs

Presentation Title PRE-CON: API 101: Introduction to APIs InstructureCon Session Info   Summary The Canvas API is crazy powerful and can be used to perform a bunch of actions and automate otherwise mu...
    Gannon Nordberg
    last modified by Gannon Nordberg
  • Come check out how to use GIFs in your Canvas Courses at Instructurecon 2019!

Presentation Title Using GIFs as Instructional/Training Tools in Canvas. #CanvasGIF #CanvasStudentGIF   Abstract / Session Overview Long Beach Convention Center, 203  The GIF game is booming righ...
    Dave Dick
    last modified by Dave Dick
  • Shakalakabra: Hang Ten on This Standards-Based Grading Wave

Presentation Title Shakalakabra : Hang Ten on This Standards-Based Grading Wave ♀️   Abstract / Session Overview Yo dudes and dudettes, learning mastery can talk to the Canvas grade book with a couple ...
    Bradley Moser
    last modified by Bradley Moser
  • Getting Started with Canvas in 10 Steps (Students)

The student-version of the 10 steps to getting started with Canvas was in response to our faculty asking for resources to share with their students. In the end, this was one of our most popular training resources. We ...
    Karen Pinto
  • InstCon 2019 Product Announcements Summary

Trouble remembering all of the great product announcements throughout InstructureCon? We've got ya covered! Here's the annual summary of announcements and resources.   Analytics Course Grade Averag...
    Renee Carney
    last modified by Renee Carney
  • Unconferencing - Community Style

Last year when I attended InstructureCarn [my first InstCon], I learned about the unconference after the shuttle and flights were booked. Whomp, whomp. Once I learned what actually happened at an unconference, ...
  • Icebergs—in Long Beach

At InstructureCon 2019 I had a chance to chat all-too-briefly with Matthew Jennings, and used that rare face time opportunity to thank him for his efforts in putting together the PDF versions of the Instr...
    Stefanie Sanders
    created by Stefanie Sanders
  • #stepsforbeth - An Update

Reality has set in I’m leaving for California in just a couple of days!! I am excited beyond words to see everyone and to learn all there is new about Canvas and to absorb some of that California sunshine...
    Beth Crook
    created by Beth Crook
  • Targeting Faculty Needs Through Microlearning

Presentation Title Weekly Canvas Tips: Targeting Faculty Needs Through Microlearning Carly Papenberg and Elizabeth Reyes, Temple University     Summary In addition to workshops and weekl...
  • Recap: Student Success & Engagement in High Enrollment Courses

Presentation Title Carving the Waves of Student Success and Engagement in High-Enrollment Courses   Summary Presenters were instructional designers from Arizona State University: Adrienne Wooten, Brendan L...
    Sky V. King (FIU Online)
    last modified by Sky V. King (FIU Online)
  • What are the odds of this??

Because Jayde Colquhoun and I traveled to the United States from Australia for InstructureCon 2019 we decided to make the most of the long trip and do some touristy fun stuff while we where there. Including things lik...
    Sam Malcolm
    last modified by Sam Malcolm
  • 360 Videos and Images  [presentation course: http://bit.ly/instcon19]

I am really excited about presenting this topic.  Last year we had a blast as I presented tips, tricks, and how-to for embedding content.  The previous year we discussed social media in educat...
    Sean Nufer
    last modified by Sean Nufer
  • Get Moving! On the Road to Adoption (Presentation)

We (Chontel Delaney Andy Starr) recently presented at InstuctureCon 2019 in Long Beach, CA. We received many requests for a copy of our Get Moving! presentation, and we have made it available via Google Slides!&#...
    Karen Pinto
  • Canvas (Profile) Questionnaire

When we implemented Canvas, we chose to focus on our faculty, their needs, and their experience instead of on the technology. As one method of truly getting to know our future Canvas users, we created a Canvas Profile...
    Karen Pinto
  • “Moving” Box Care Package

Analogies are a natural and creative way to see new possibilities in challenging circumstances. In our Canvas implementation, we thought that the experience of moving from one LMS to another was analogous to moving fr...
    Karen Pinto
  • Riding the Regrade Wave: How Quizzes.Next Solved a Gnarly Grading Issue for a Large-Enrollment Business Course

Presentation Title Riding the Regrade Wave: How Quizzes.Next Solved a Gnarly Grading Issue for a Large-Enrollment Business Course Rebecca Moulder - The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphi...
    moulder@upenn.edu
    last modified by moulder@upenn.edu