Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am having multiple issues and I have no idea how to get them resolved.1. Students cannot reset their password. They click to reset password, and it does nothing. No email comes back. Not even in their spam/junk folder. 2. Students can login at my s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This may seem like a silly question, but I am fairly new.... I have a course created with modules.  I then created a front page, but when I go to that front page, it doesn't flow to the modules.  Do I need to create a "beginning" module to put the fr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 3 hours ago View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

An instructor is sharing student submitted assignments to Canvas with student names on them. There is no actual grade stated, however there are comments from the professor providing grading feedback.The instructor is sharing assignments of the same c...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the Certificate I deliver, there are about 85 different assessments to be resulted in the Outcomes Report. The problem is that some of the might be grouped together (2 theory an 1 practical), while same others are split, making it very difficult t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am doing a portfolio for a class. In this portfolio, we are expected to submit examples of our work, including canvas quizzes as a demonstration for learning. In the previous format of canvas quizzes, I was able to save these as pdfs to print them ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I see the following message in grades: Category "Instructor has not posted this grade"All my settings are good......- automatically post grades is on- Hide assignment group totals is unchecked- I even tried to switch to manual and post but still no l...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!I'm using Canvas Free for Teachers with a group of students from a wide range of universities. I sent out course invitations and am tracking confirmed enrollments. Some students are clearly enrolled and active in the course (based on course activi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I download the list of signed up students in groups in a tab delimited or comma separated file?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: yesterday View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As Admin I can set `participation´ in the root account. Picture below is in Dutch, sorry about that, but I hope you will be able to figure out my question                  Please imagine with me. The participation is set to start on august first 20...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 5 hours ago View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Suspend or delete a year group ie: year 12  students can we bulk suspend or delete?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When is canvas going to allow student to customize their courses with photos? It's so annoying to have some courses with photos and others without.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: Sunday View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor. My course has several assignments that have variable due dates. Students can submit some until the end of the semester. Their total grade displayed gives the impression they have an A+ in the class. However, if they do not submit ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I just started my training. I am asked to embed stuff/links. Where am I supposed to do this?Am I supposed to follow along and practice on my Sandbox Course?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: yesterday View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I hate hate hate when you open "Record/upload media comment" it steals the browser focus so you can no longer scroll through the document you are leaving a media comment, which makes it totally useless. I always end up opening the doc I'm commenting ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi!Hope your well.I'm looking to try install (or have access to a Canvas instance) so I can code frontend pages in HTML/CSS/JS and use it as a sandbox. Its for my own use to learn and develop at home. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,I wondered why Canvas doesn't have the option to review an uploaded file before submission, leaving room for one to submit a wrong file accidentally. You can only what you submitted after your submission and it doesn't seem right. It's like pri...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: Saturday View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Images in item banks became a nightmare last September. We found some workarounds but eventually all of these stopped working, too.  Issue We'd upload an image to a a question in an item bank and be told it may not work in another course. Even after ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been told by our school ITS personnel that Respondus Lockdown Browser only locks the student into Canvas. In other words, it does not lock them into just the page with the quiz that employs the Lockdown Browser. Is my understanding correct?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to submit multiple file types in one Canvas Assignment Submission?  For example, if I want a student to turn in a video from STUDIO in addition to a PDF file turn-in sheet, can both be turned in at the same time?  It seems when a video...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add the TimelyCare quick link tile to the banner on the left hand side of the screen (where the icons for Courses, Dashboard, Calendar, Outbox, etc. are listed)? Yes, we already have a partnership with TimelyCare.Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: Friday View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our department is considering transitioning from the Questionmark testing system to using Canvas quizzes for administering exams. I understand that Canvas is not designed to be a testing system so I have a question about how robust it is. Most exams ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher. can't see the information for the last student on my grade screen. Anyone else having this problem? Here's a screen shot:     As you can see, it is hard to read the information in the last row. Clicking on the scroll bar does not chan...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

In trying to keep some of our students on task during the day, we have built an allow list only group so they can go to school related sites but nothing else.As part of the allow list, we added everything on the allow list we found in the community: ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

is there a way to select a couple of students and download just their submissions for an assessment? I know I can do 1 students or all submissions for the assignments. I'm seeing this as a problem where the student file can be quite large or i want t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So, I was wondering, if I could make the navigation taskbar/list horizontal like how it's shown in the picture below. I've been trying to look all over the internet to figure out how to do it, yet I couldn't find anything. I know this is possible sin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

A major design flaw with Canvas is that it will save your progress on a discussion post so that you can access it later until it randomly decides to delete it. I find it incredibly frustrating that I completed a discussion post days ago and it had sa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All, Having issues with a Quiz. It is NOT retaining the Students correct answers when they go back to correct a wrong answers. I have gone in after their first  attempt and reset the QUIZ settings to Build on last attempt. I ticked the Enable buil...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am a student in Interior Design and I would like to book an apointment with a tutor for Sketchup (arch 20) for tomorrow morning, Friday the 19th, but i don't know how to contact them. I saw this is only by appointment on Fridays. i saw the videa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: Thursday View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When individual discussions posts are inadvertently deleted, the instructor should have the opportunity to restore information without going through an administrator  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello;The New Quizzes icon is not displaying in the Course Summary. It does show in teacher and student view under the Quizzes nav item, but not in the feeds. Is this a setting?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: Thursday View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies