Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I know this is an option for Assignments, but I'm not finding how to view a rubric in the student app for Discussions. Is this possible?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Please how can I find the QR Code? I can’t access my canvas 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there, I've been trying to import content from Google Drive via. the RCE but keep getting a 404 error?   I do have the Google Assignments (LTI 1.3) toggled on.  What am I missing? Thanks in advance! Heather

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Canvas Community! As part of our continuous effort to enhance the learning experience and recognize our students' achievements, we are exploring options for Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) applications capable of issuing certificates of ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have a number of courses that are synced frequently via a blueprint sync. We would like to add module requirements to some of the modules but can't find any clear documentation on how students completed requirements might be impact by the future b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We intend to make greater use of global announcements within subaccounts, but we want to better understand who exactly will receive these announcements. The guidance in the Instructure Admin Guide (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Guide/How-d...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a LTI exists in Canvas LMS that allows for the automated scanning and grading of exams or assessments? Our school is considering to scan the paper submissions which were graded on the paper, and automatically recognize and import the scores ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To use MyEssayWriterAI effectively for generating essays, follow these steps:Prompt Input: Begin by providing the essay prompt or topic to MyEssayWriterAI.Prompt Analysis: Allow the AI to analyze the prompt and generate relevant insights and ideas.Th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,  We want to use Canvas quizzes for exams, using a complementary browser locking tool. Key caveat... we need a spell checker to be enabled while locked down. We trialled using Respondus LockDown Browser, but discovered that it does not have sp...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have shared a Canvas Blueprint with some instructors before it is officially pushed in the "Observing" role. My understanding is that Observing role is a view-only mode! I did not want them to be able to edit anything. Today, I noticed some of my m...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are planning to move away from Canvas shortly, as it is too big/expensive for our small needs. I managed to export course content and csv files with grades. But is there a way to export/backup student submissions including files that they submitte...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12 hours ago View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hi there!I'm trying to create a rubric using outcomes only; however, I can't seem to gid rid of the first row criterion. Screenshot atatched. Am I missing something? thanks for your help!   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: yesterday View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just wanted to send a message, as I can’t seem to be able to send other students a message in my Nuku inbox. When I go to search for a student, the only names I can see are myself and the teacher, no one else pops up. Is there any way I can fix thi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I'm investigating how to map activity coming from Canvas via LTI 1.3 into our tool, specifically how to map courses (via their sis_id) to those we are already anticipating to see from Rostering (via a Clever, etc).  I know the Canvas API has a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HelloI'm going to change schools and therefore my professional e-mail address. How can I keep my Canvas account and my different courses? thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you make the date parameters stick for the filters in Grades? I keep changing them and then it goes back to the entire school year of grades. I don't want that. It used to change and with whatever filter you set.Thanks in advance.  ~ Pam

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12 hours ago View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our office currently collects student public service forms electronically on a different platform that is slowly becoming out of date. The good thing about the old system is that students could submit multiple forms across semesters to the same page ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11 hours ago View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Ran the link validator on a course moved over from Blackboard. This course has dozens of question banks and probably thousands of questions. How does one make use of this information? Am I missing something? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When observers receive a notification, the embedded link takes them to the student/staff sign-in page.  Can that be changed to include the observer login page?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there anyway to archive Canvas courses in order to use the material next year? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am getting the message: {"status":401,"error":"Unauthorized","details":{"description":"Error validating ltik or IdToken","message":"MISSING_VALIDATION_COOKIE"}}but my teacher says that the link works for him and other students. How can I access it?...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

To whom it may concern, I am currently busy with an online masters through Falmouth University and I am concerned that when I start working in CHina in August my access will be restricted/difficult due to their internet restrictions.Is there any way ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are some student responses in open ended questions in quizzes bolded? 98% are regular font as opposed to bold. Does that mean they copied and pasted from somewhere?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have a user who has two email accounts in Canvas Notifications.  They keep trying to set one email to receive all notifications, but the system keeps defaulting back to the other email account.  We are using ILP if that could be a factor.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I get a demo developer key to develop against the API.  I have a canvas demo login but do not have access to the admin area.  Can some tell how I become a partner and develop using the canvas api? Joe

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

when i click attendance tab I am getting Roll call page like shown in attachment. Can anyone help me in getting ROLL CALL page with seating alignment. I wanted my course to display take attendance and edit seating chart page. Please help me in this ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: Tuesday View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Do all edits in any new quiz save to the course for future course imports?Whether it is edited before publishing, after publishing, before students take, or after students take it, will it always update as the latest quiz moving forward?This is not s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having an issue with grade book that started a few weeks ago.  When I click on gradebook it just spins and spins until it freezes.  I've cleared the cache and cookies several times.  I have tried several browsers and it is happening on at least ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a couple of Pages that act as external URL tools. Somehow, URLs were added to the HTML content that redirects as soon as you try to view the content on the Page. It is impossible to edit the page because it immediately redirects. We employed ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: Tuesday View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies