You can leave a review and star rating for a resource in Commons. Reviews and ratings are a way for users to evaluate the quality of a resource. A few things you might consider when evaluating a resource:
- Did you use this resource in your course?
- Do you think it improved student learning?
- Did you rely on this resource for content delivery, evaluation, etc.?
- To enable Commons in your Canvas instance, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
- Commons is available in all Free for Teacher (FFT) accounts. Free for Teacher users are limited to finding, importing, and sharing public resources.
Locate a resource by using the search field  or filter options [2,3,4]. Learn more about searching in Commons.
To review or rate content, click the name of the resource.
Note: Resources can be opened in a new tab by pressing Command (Mac) or Control (PC) while clicking the resource name in the Search page, or, by right clicking the name of the resource.
Write a review in the text field . The maximum character limit for reviews is 1000 characters.
To leave a rating, click the star icon  next to the number of stars you want to rate the resource. Click the Submit button when you're done.
Note: Leaving a star rating without a review is currently not supported. Reviews without a star rating are not counted in the number of star reviews.
Vote for Reviews
You can also vote for reviews that were helpful to you. Click the Yes link. The most helpful reviews will appear at the top of the list.