Search for product guides, answers, blogs, release notes, and more:
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2,107,522 members
475,144 posts

See what's happening in the Community

Read the lastest Community news and updates. Be informed about updates from our product teams. Catch up on trending discussions.

Problem statement: The horizontal gradebook scrollbar gets in the way of the grade book cells to the last student in the roster (regardless of browser, etc.). The student view/test student gradebook row is almost a workaround; instructors need to kn...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@BritLewis Ah that may sense. I agree it is lacking there. Sounds like it coming soon. 

(Community Champion)
New Quizzes Discussion
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This is definitely a step back from classic discussions where all posts by a particular student displayed in Speedgrader with the option link to go to the entire discussion.  I would love for this functionality to be retained in Discussions ReDesign.

(Community Champion)
Discussions/Announcements Redesign
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Yeah, I do appreciate the prompt being there--that is convenient, though the experience of auto-scrolling all the way down is very disorienting, and the loss of the blue highlight makes scrolling back up to view my prompt again if I need to reference...

(Community Explorer)
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Yes, I got this too!Update to the new stable release and reinitialise the db, should work!

(Community Novice)
Data and Analytics Group
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there any way to reformat multiple pages in a Canvas Course or does that need to be done individually? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum

Instructor

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problem statement: When a student is out multiple days, it can mean changing several assignment due dates to compensate for the time away. The ability to go through individual assignments and change deadlines is convenient for changing whole group de...

(Community Member)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problem If a teacher wants to test out an assignment submission, they should do this in 'Student View' am I correct? But currently, it seems the item must be published first (ie: visible and available to students!). Suggested change If so, the canvas...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi @BethMullins - If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by April 23, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would...

(Community Team)
Mastery Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To add to this, I'd also love to see a way to hide the reported post from the rest of the class, when reported. Use case - what happens if the post being reported is offensive? Does canvas have a way to prevent a reported post visibility to other stu...

(Community Participant)
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Thanks Kristin. I took a look and just upvoted an existing request there.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi @JoyChikomo - Someone should be in contact with you soon. Thank you for your patience!

(Community Team)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Engineers are currently investigating the issue. Description Users are no longer able to preview text based files that are associated with a programming language within Speedgrader or Docviewer, for example .py or .cs files, instead they get a co...

(Community Team)
Known Issues

Canvas Grading

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, Can you share a full screenshot of what you see in student view? It depends on how big your screen is. Sometimes the Immersive Reader button may look like the attached images. -MaryAnn   

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hiya,We noticed yesterday around 10:30 UTC that all Badgr URL's appear to have stopped offering TLS 1.2 and now only offer TLS 1.3 (https://testtls.com/eu.badgr.com/443). Some host systems do not support TLS 1.2 or require workarounds. This has cause...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Credentials/Badges Discussion

badgr

security

TLS

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've had this problem and I had to drop and recreate the table with dap init. I found users that have no pseudonym with this query: select u.* from canvas.users u left join canvas.pseudonyms p on p.user_id = u.id where p.user_id is null   Here's my p...

(Community Participant)
Data and Analytics Group
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

MohaleGracious,I'm not sure I understand what's being explained in your reply. Is there a solution coming, or have you discovered a solution related to "upload for submission" or ticking clocks?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This feature is on the New Quizzes Roadmap...Next Q3 2024-Q4 2024. Until this is available, @emily_smith2 posted a workaround in the [New Quizzes] Extra Time while Quiz in Progress:

(Community Participant)
New Quizzes Discussion
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

hey @christine_nich1 Thank you for your submission! We've identified the theme and added this idea to Payment related improvements. 

(Instructure)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

hey @JakeStuckey I guess this is a duplicate of https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Ideas/People-User-Defined-Fields-by-Course/idi-p/595148 - I also left a comment there, just to be sure.Can you please tell me more why do you need the location ...

(Instructure)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

hey @JakeStuckey I guess this is a duplicate of https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Ideas/Catalog-User-Defined-Fields-by-Listing/idi-p/592865 right?Can you please tell me more why do you need the location on a listing level, just to justify the...

(Instructure)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

That's a very good answer to a completely different question Texan @RecycledElectro, and likely suggests that you don't consider 'Canvas Course Grade' an issue for your organisation and/or are prepared to make the users fit the software rather than m...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi @MohaleGracious , @RecycledElectro is correct - you need to approach your teacher or student support team for advice on this. There are two probable issues 1) You are using a browser that Canvas does not support - please check here - https://commu...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problem statement: Text Entry submission can be copied and pasted. Possible Plagiarism if the answers can be copy paste in text entry. Proposed solution: To avoid this, I suggest that canvas will disable the copy paste to allow students to type dire...

(Community Member)
Canvas Ideas

Canvas LMS

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This was very resourceful information. Thankyou for this.

(Community Member)
Contingency Resources
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Thanks so much.  I think our courses are set up differently- none of our assignments are in the syllabus.    I am able to leave feedback. I go to the gradebook, find the assignment, click on the top one and choose speed grader.  Then I progress down ...

(Community Participant)
New Quizzes Discussion
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you make each question a different Canvas quiz, and show the answers after they take that Canvas quiz?

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can leave comments on my new quizzes. I go under the "Syllabus" in the course, and click on that quiz. Then, on the right side of the screen, I click on "Speed Grader" in the top right of the screen:   From there I can click on the icon that shows...

(Community Coach)
New Quizzes Discussion
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This forum is for asking questions about Canvas, where people like me (who have no idea where you might attend school) answer questions.  This forum is for tech support. Your teacher will not see your post here. If I were you, I would message my teac...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!  I enabled the Microsoft Immersive reader and I can see and use it while in the author/teacher view. But When I turn on Student view it doe not show up.  I made sure Pages was enabled and also Microsoft is updated as well. I am just confused w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
Join and Host Live Events

Join and Host Live Events

Join a free live event hosted by employees and other Community members. Host a free event to share your knowledge and engage with users around the world.

View All Events