How do I add an announcement in the Teacher app on my iOS device?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Jul 25, 2017Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Oct 23, 2017
Version 6Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

You can create announcements in the Teacher app to notify students about events without having to be logged into the browser version of Canvas.

The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.

Open Course

Open Course

In the Courses tab, tap the name of the course you'd like to view.

Open Announcements

Open Announcements

Tap the Announcements link.

Add Announcement

Add Announcement

Tap the Add icon.

Add Announcement

In the Title field [1], add a title for your announcement.

In the Description field [2], add a description for the announcement. You can use the Rich Content Editor menu to format your description [3]. If necessary, you can view all formatting options by swiping the formatting menu left and right. The Rich Content Editor supports undo, redo, bold, italics, text color, bullet list, numbered list, and hyperlink.

Set Options

Set Options

If you want to delay your post until a later time, tap the Delay Posting button [1]. When enabled, select the date and time for your post by tapping the Post at option [2].

If you want to require users to have to post to the announcement before seeing replies from others, tap the Users must post before seeing replies option [3].

Attach File

Attach File

To attach a file to the message, tap the Attach icon.

Select Attachment

Select Attachment

To select your attachment file, tap the Add icon [1]. Then select how you would like to attach a file [2].

View Attachment

View Attachment

Once you have added your attachment, it can be viewed on the Attachments page [1]. To delete your attachment, tap the Delete icon [2].

To add another attachment, tap the Add icon [3]. To return to your message, tap the Done link [4].

Save Announcement

Save Announcement

Tap the Done link.

You are here
Table of Contents > Courses > How do I add an announcement in the Teacher app on my iOS device?

Attachments

Outcomes