You can view reports for an assessment in Gauge. The reports available in Gauge are the Assessment Statistics and Item Analysis, Outcomes Mastery Dashboard, Individual Student Performance, and Assessment Results.
The Quiz Statistics and Item Analysis report includes assessment statistics aggregated for all deployments. The Outcomes Mastery Dashboard includes outcome mastery statistics for all students who took the assessment. The Individual Student Performance report provides a performance overview for students that have completed an assessment linked to an outcome. The Assessment Results report displays the point totals and percentage scores for all students who have completed an assessment.
You can also export assessment data relating to students, sessions, questions, and other assessment items.
- Teachers cannot view the Assessment Item Analysis report for institution-authored assessments.
- It may take up to 24 hours for assessment information to display in Gauge reports.
On the Assessments page, find the assessment you want to view . To open the Reports page for the assessment, click the Reports icon .
Open Assessment Item Analysis
Locate the Assessment Item Analysis report . Then click the Run Report button .
Note: Teachers cannot view the Assessment Item Analysis report for institution-authored assessments.
View Assessment Statistics
The Quiz Statistics include statistics for overall scores. The following statistics are available:
- High Score : displays highest percentage score
- Low Score : displays lowest percentage score
- Mean Score : displays average percentage score
- Standard Deviation : represents the amount of variation from the mean score
- Mean Elapsed Time : displays average time to complete assessment
- Cronbach’s Alpha : measures internal consistency of how closely related a set of items are as a group
View Item Analysis
In the Item Analysis section, you can view statistics for specific questions in an assessment. The following item analysis statistics are available:
- Difficulty Index : shows how hard it is to answer the question correctly. Calculated by dividing the number of correct answers by the number of times the item was included in the assessment.
- Discrimination Index : measures how well a question can tell the difference between students who do well on the exam and those who do not. Calculated by subtracting the bottom 27% of difficulty index scores from the top 27% of difficulty index scores.
- RPB (Point-Biserial Correlation Coefficient) : measures the correlation between a given item and the total score
- Mean Earned Score : displays average point score
To view more statistics, click the Arrow icon .
View More Statistics
View more statistics for the assessment.
The Answer Frequency Summary chart displays the number and percentage of students who selected each answer choice .
The Performance by Quintile bar chart displays the number of students who scored within each percentage quintile .
The Outcomes section displays any outcomes linked to the assessment item .
Note: The Answer Frequency Summary chart only appears for questions with answer choices.
Open Outcomes Mastery Dashboard
Locate the Outcomes Mastery Dashboard report . Then click the Run Report button .
View Outcomes Mastery Dashboard
The Outcomes Analysis includes each student who has completed an assessment  and their mastery results for each outcome .
To view more details for an outcome, click the name of the outcome .
- Teachers can only view the Outcomes Mastery Dashboard for students with active enrollments in their course sections.
- Outcomes may take up to 24 hours to display in Gauge after they have been added to an account.
View Outcome Detail
The Outcome Detail page contains performance information for a specific outcome, including number of students who reached mastery , description , average score , and score required to earn mastery .
You can also view the number of students who score within each criteria level  and how mastery is calculated .
Open Individual Student Performance
Locate the Individual Student Performance report . Then click the Run Report button .
Select Student & Deployment
Select the student you would like to view in the Student field . Then select the desired deployment in the Deployment field .
To open the report, click the Run Report button .
Note: Reports are only available for students who have submitted the assessment.
View Individual Student Performance
View the Individual Student Performance report.
The Individual Student Performance report includes the time to complete the assessment and percentage score for the student . The report also includes the average completion time and percentage score for all students who completed the assessment .
You can also compare the student's score to the scores of all students that have completed the assessment in the Individual Student Performance graph . The selected student's score is designated by the Star icon .
To view data for a different deployment for a the same student, click the Deployment drop-down menu . To view the Individual Student report for a different student, click the Student drop-down menu .
View Outcomes Data
If the assessment has been aligned to outcomes, you can also view data for outcomes that are at or above mastery  and outcomes that are below mastery .
For each outcome, you can view the student's score for items aligned to the outcome , the institution average , and the percentage difference between the scores . The percentage difference is calculated by subtracting the institution average from the student’s score and dividing that total by the institution average.
Open Assessment Results
Locate the Assessment Results report . Then click the Run Report button .
View Assessment Results
The Assessment Results report includes data for all students who have completed an assessment, including names and SIS IDs , point scores , and percentage scores . You can filter the report by course section  or search for a user .
To open a student's Individual Student Perfomance report, click the percentage score link .
Export Data to CSV
To export assessment data to a CSV, click the Export Raw Data button . Then click the link for the report you want to download . The following reports are available:
- Student Attempt: data for each student that has completed the assessment.
- Session Items: data related to each assessment attempt. (May include multiple attempts for one student.)
- Item Analysis: data related to each item in an assessment.
- Outcomes Mastery: data related to assessment outcomes.
The Outcomes Mastery report can be filtered by course section. To filter by section, select a section in the Filter Course Section menu . To include all sections in the Outcomes Mastery report, select the All Course Sections option .
To download the report, click the Download button .
Note: Filtering by section is only available for the Outcomes Mastery report.