How do I take a Gauge assessment where I can only view one question at a time?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Aug 31, 2017Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Oct 24, 2017
Version 6Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Your institution may choose to build assessments that show one question at a time. This means you will view only one assessment question on your screen at a time instead of all questions posted at once.

Open Gauge

Open Gauge

In Global Navigation, click the Gauge link.

Take Assessment

Take Assessment 

To take an available assessment, click the Take button.

Begin Assessment

Begin Assessment

View the instructions for your assessment [1]. If the assessment includes a time limit, the time limit will appear on this page [2].

To begin the assessment, click the Begin button [3].

View Backtracking Warning

View Backtracking Warning 

If the assessment does not allow you to go back to questions after you answer them, a warning message displays in the assessment page. The message states that the assessment is delivered one question at a time and going back to previously answered questions is not allowed.

Enter Access Code

Enter Access Code

If the assessment requires an access code, enter the code in the Access Code field [1]. Then click the Submit button [2].

View Next Question

View Next Warning 

Each question displays one at a time. To advance through the assessment, click the Next button.

View Previous Question

View Previous Question 

If your instructor did not disable backtracking and allows you to return to prior questions, you can click the Previous button to check the answers or return to questions you left blank.

Open Question Navigator

Open Question Navigator

You can also use the Question Navigator to move between questions in an assessment. To open the Question Navigator, click the Expand icon.

Note: If you cannot view the Question Navigator, your institution has disabled backtracking in the assessment.

Use Question Navigator

Use Question Navigator

To jump to a specific question, click the question in the Question Navigator [1]. To pin a question to review later, click the Pin icon [2].

Answered questions are highlighted in blue text. Unanswered questions are indicated by white text.

Submit Assessment

Submit Assessment

To submit the assessment, click the Submit button.

You are here
Table of Contents > Students > How do I take a Gauge assessment where I can only view one question at a time?

Attachments

Outcomes