You can manually edit a user's details in your account.
Note: If your account manages user information through a student information system (SIS), changes will also have to be made in the SIS. Any changes made in Canvas will not be passed back to the SIS.
In Global Navigation, click the Admin link , then click the name of the account .
In the sidebar, find the user by viewing users in a specific term  or searching for a user directly .
Here you can edit the user's details, but the user can change it back if they choose. The details you can edit here are:
- Full Name is used for grading, SIS imports, and other administrative items .
- Display Name is what other users will see in discussions, announcements, etc. . The user can set his or her own display name if the setting is enabled.
- Sortable Name is the user's last name, first name default and it can be edited . This appears in sorted lists and admins can search for it.
- Time Zone can be set to where the user or institution is located .
- Default Email is the user's contact method .
When you are done, click the Update Details button .