Macros allow users to make a set of changes to a case with the single push of a button. These changes include transferring a case to a specific user, case status, Canvas Component Affected, Canvas Component Issue, and case comments. Macros can be used to make changes to a single case or make mass case updates in the Service Cloud Admin Console. You can create, edit, clone, and delete macros.
Use the fields at the top of the Macros page to create a new macro.
Select Macro Settings
Create the settings for your macro. The following settings are available:
- Transfer To : Transfer cases to a specific user
- Status : Set cases to a specific status
- Canvas Component Section : Set Canvas Component Section for all cases
- Canvas Component Affected : Set Canvas Component Affected for all cases
- Canvas Component Action : Set Canvas Component Action for all cases
- Canvas Component Issue : Set Canvas Component Issue for all cases
- Chatter Comment : Leave a comment on all cases
To learn more about Canvas Components, view the Service Cloud Canvas Components PDF.
Note: None of the fields are required but you must provide a value for at least one to save your macro.
The table at the bottom of the Macros page displays all existing macros for your institution. To edit an existing macro, click the Edit link . To make a copy of an existing macro, click the Clone link . To delete an existing macro, click the Del link .
Note: Only the user who created a macro is allowed to edit or delete that macro.