PSK12 Weekly Bulletin Board: 10/5/2017

Document created by Tyler Hill Employee on Oct 19, 2017
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Inline image 1
Hello Canvas Admins! 

Canvas Live: Canvas with your School Library

Inline image 2
Description: Canvas and library resources go hand in hand! Learn how three schools have incorporated access to libraries and digital resources in their Canvas courses.
What: Panda Gets a Library Card: Canvas with your School Library
When: Thursday, October 19, 2017 1:00 PM · 2:00 PM, MDT (America/Denver)
  • Dartmouth College has experimented with a variety of strategies to get library reserve materials into Canvas. Adrienne Gauthier will share the school's current strategy of using the Kaltura LTI, a custom-built app, and direct access to course sits for library reserves staff.
  • Hillsborough Community College has integrated various library tools into Canvas. Kristin Heathcock, the school's embedded librarian, will discuss the Ebsco Curriculum Builder (a reading list tool) among other cool tools.
  • Springfield Public Schools has a library for every school building, which integrates all digital resources in a course and enrolls all students to provide them with access. Nichole Lemmon will tell you more about it.
  • Objectives
Objectives: Participants will learn about strategies and practices for integrating library resources into Canvas courses and accounts.
Note: CanvasLIVE! sessions are recorded for later viewing. 

Canvas Release Notes

Canvas Teacher App Release Notes (Android) (10.2) : Here 
Canvas Production Release Notes (10.7) : Here

Top 10 Canvas Guides of the Week

Top 10 Canvas Guides Lessons for September 24 - September 30, 2017.
Canvas Community  (
  1. Where do I find an institution's URL to access Canvas?
  2. Which browsers does Canvas support?
  3. Assignments Overview (Students) [Video]
  4. How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as a student?
  5. How do I submit an online assignment?
  6. Assignment Submissions (Students) [Video]
  7. Canvas Overview (Students) [Video]
  8. How do I upload changes to the Gradebook?
  9. How do I reply to a discussion as a student?
  10. How do I submit a peer review to an assignment?

Extra Credit: The Canvas Blog

Stay up to date with all things Canvas! The Canvas Blog is a great place to see user case studies, stories and more! 

Support Information

We know it can be confusing when an issue comes up and you’re not quite sure if you should reach out to your CSM or if you should file a support ticket. We created this awesome doc to help you in making those decisions. 

Support vs CSM: When to file a support ticket and when to email your CSM

How do I get help with Canvas?

How to Escalate a Support Ticket

If you aren’t quite sure if you should file a ticket for an issue you are experiencing, email your CSM and we will let you know what the best course of action is. 

SUPPORT PHONE #: 866-998-4222

Upcoming Canvas Con: WPI

Please join us for our 2017 CanvasCon at WPI! CanvasCon is a one-day, regional event that we’ve specifically designed for our northeastern educators. Everyone is invited, from the Canvas-curious to the expert user! When: Friday, October 20th Where: Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) Time: 8 AM - 5 PM Cost: $49 
Register: Here