PSK12 - Bulletin Board (Weekly Newsletter)
Hello Canvas Admins!
Canvas Studio: What's New, In Dev & Coming Soon:
Our Product + Community Teams have recently updated several product feature priorities!
-Canvas Teacher (update coming soon)
Canvas Partner Day!
Canvas users LOVE hearing about third party platforms and integrations. That's why we’ve launched PARTNER DAYS—a whole day dedicated to showing off our Partner’s tools! Our first Partner Day was a success bringing in hundreds of attendees and 10 partner presentations. These events are hosted in CanvasLIVE and the next Partner Day is on October 17, 2017. You don’t want to miss this!
In addition to partner webinars, our keynote speaker will be Instructure’s Partner Integration Specialist, Jesse Poulos. Jesse will shed some light on issuing developer keys to vendors and safely integrating with our partners. You can also expect challenges through #CanvasTrivia, and of course, there will be swag giveaways and prizes, too. (You’re welcome.)
Click on one or all of the events (cuz you know you'll want to Netflix-binge-watch later) to REGISTER
Top 10 Canvas Guides of the Week
Top 10 Canvas Guides Lessons for October 1 - October 7, 2017:
- Canvas Community (guides.canvaslms.com)
- Where do I find an institution's URL to access Canvas?
- Which browsers does Canvas support?
- How do I submit an online assignment?
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as a student?
- How do I submit a Turnitin assignment?
- Canvas Overview (Students) [Video]
- How do I submit a peer review to an assignment?
- How do I view assignment feedback comments from my instructor using Canvas DocViewer annotations?
- How do I add contact methods to receive Canvas notifications as a student?
- How do I upload a file as an assignment submission in Canvas?
Extra Credit: The Canvas Blog
Stay up to date with all things Canvas! The Canvas Blog is a great place to see user case studies, stories and more!
Upcoming Canvas User Events:
Please join us for our 2017 CanvasCon at WPI! CanvasCon is a one-day, regional event that we’ve specifically designed for our northeastern educators. Everyone is invited, from the Canvas-curious to the expert user!
When: Friday, October 20th
Where: Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI)
Time: 8 AM - 5 PM
Please join us for a Canvas User Event at CLIU
When: Tuesday, November 14th
Where: Carbon Lehigh IU
Time: 8 AM - 2:30 PM EST
This one day event will have both district delivered stories and Canvas product feature presentations:
-Getting to know Canvas and Evaluating the Cloud LMS
-Canvas will provide sessions throughout the day and will showcase upcoming product features.