How do I manage my Activity stream in the community?

Document created by communityteam Administrator on Mar 24, 2015Last modified by jivedocs@instructure.com on Apr 22, 2017
Version 11Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Official Canvas Document

Canvas + Logo transparent (WHITE)- 300px.png

Your activity stream houses the connection streams (and custom streams) and other trending content within the Canvas Community. It also includes the content you are following in the community.

Go to your news feed (aka activity stream)

Type http://community.canvasLMS.com/news in your browser.

View streams

You will see a list of your connections streams, top & trending activity, and most recent activity.

By default, all content you follow in the community will be part of the Following stream. However, you can create your own streams (you can have up to 10 streams). And each stream can be customized with its own notification options. Click on How do I set my user preferences in the Community? to customize notifications for streams.

Create New Stream

Click on the + sign to create a New Stream link

1. Name your stream

Perhaps you want to follow any person, place or tag around quizzes and assessments. Or, you want to filter all content, people, places related to Commons.

2. Filter by people, place or tags that you want to add.

Maybe you just want to filter by a list of people, places ortags.

3. Search for people, place or tags that you want to add.

You can also search by key word, such as Release Notes or Canvas Commons and any person, place or content associated with that word will show up in the search.

SearchStream.png

4. Add people, places, tags into your stream

Click 'add' to include them in your stream.

Delete Stream

If you want to delete any custom stream, simply click on the stream you want to delete, and click X.

NOTE: You cannot delete the 'Following' stream

Add New Content to a Custom Stream

Your custom streams list will always appears as an option in your list of streams when you want to follow people, places, or content in the community. Feel free to add new things from within the community. Follow buttons may appear differently depending on whether you're following a PLACE or CONTENT.

PLACE

CONTENT

1 person found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes