How do I upload a photo or change my avatar in my Canvas Community profile?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Jun 22, 2018Last modified by jivedocs@instructure.com on Jun 22, 2018
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Your photo is a great way for people to meet and recognize you in person. Your avatar helps community members quickly associate your comments and status updates with a simple visual cue. It is not uncommon for people to use their profile photo as their avatar photo, as well.

Note: Community Team reserves the right to remove photos or avatar images that are not appropriate.

Open User Menu

Click the drop-down menu next to your avatar

In the Canvas Community Navigation Menu, click the user menu.

Edit Profile

Choose the 'edit profile' link under personal tools

Click the Edit Profile link.

Open Avatar

Select the 'Avatar' tab

Click the Avatar tab.

Add Photo

Add Photo

To add a photo, click the photo you want to use or click the add your own image link.

Add Avatar

Upload a photo

You are are limited to 10 different profile photos. To choose a photo from your computer, click the Choose File button [1]. Then click the Upload and Continue button [2].

Crop Photo

Crop your photo

To crop your photo, drag the handles to select the portion of the photo you want to show in your profile [1]. You can preview the photo [2] and drag the box to position your selection [3]. Click the Crop Image button to continue [4].

If you are not satisfied with the preview, you can upload a different photo.

Review and Finish

Review and Finish

If you are happy with your photo, click the Finished button.

You may be prompted to create a new avatar from your profile photo. If you want these to remain different, please see below.

Open Avatar

Navigate to the 'Avatar & Photos' tab

Scroll down to the Avatar section [1] and click the Add another avatar link [2]. Follow the steps to upload, crop, review, and finish.

You are here
Table of Contents > User Account & Profile > How do I upload a photo or change my avatar in my Canvas Community profile?
1 person found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes