How do I manage my Activity stream in the Canvas Community?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Jun 22, 2018Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Oct 22, 2018
Version 5Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The activity stream shows the connection streams, including custom streams, and other trending content within the Canvas Community. It also includes the content you are following in the community.

Open Activity Stream

Open Activity Stream

View Streams

You will see a list of your connections streams, top and trending activity, and most recent activity.

By default, all content you follow in the community will be part of the Following stream. However, you can create your own streams (you can have up to 10 streams). Each stream can be customized with its own notification options. Click on How do I set my user preferences in the Community? to customize notifications for streams.

Create New Stream

Create New Stream

Click the Add button to create a New Stream link.

Add Stream Details

Add Stream Details
  • Name your stream [1]: Perhaps you want to follow any person, place or tag around quizzes and assessments. Or, you want to filter all content, people, places related to Commons.
  • Filter by people, place or tags that you want to add [2]: Maybe you just want to filter by a list of people, places or tags.
  • Search for people, place or tags that you want to add [3]: You can also search by key word, such as Release Notes or Canvas Commons and any person, place or content associated with that word will show up in the search.
  • Add people, places, tags into your stream [4]: Click 'add' to include them in your stream.

Delete Stream

Delete Stream

If you want to delete any custom stream, click the stream you want to delete [1], and click the remove icon [2].

Note: You cannot delete the Following stream

Add New Content to a Custom Stream

Add New Content to a Custom Stream

Your custom streams list will always appears as an option in your list of streams when you want to follow people, places, or content in the community. Feel free to add new things from within the community. Follow buttons may appear differently depending on whether you're following a place or content.

You are here
Table of Contents > Communication > How do I manage my Activity stream in the Canvas Community?
1 person found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes