Canvas releases take place as determined by the Canvas product team and deploy new code to the production environment.
Filtered Release List
The Commons release list filters results for release notes with the newest release first.
This archive is a single document that includes links to all archived Commons releases displayed in a comprehensive list with the newest release first. Release notes originate with the Canvas community launch in April 2015.
For ongoing updates to Commons, please view Release Notes: Canvas
This archive is useful if you want to see when a new Commons feature, updated feature, or other update was deployed without having to view all release notes individually.
- To view specific details for a release, click the name of the release in the table of contents.
- To view the direct release notes, click the name of the release in the table of contents, then click the release's section heading.
- Commons Release Notes (2016-11-22)
- Commons Release Notes (2016-07-18)
- Commons Release Notes (2016-06-12)
- Commons Release Notes (2016-05-19)
- Commons Release Notes (2016-04-05)
- Commons Release Notes (2016-03-02)
- Commons Release Notes (2016-02-09)
- Commons Release Notes (2015-12-18)
- Commons Release Notes (2015-11-23)
- Commons Release Notes (2015-10-10)
- Commons Release Notes (2015-07-18)
- Commons Release Notes (2015-06-27)
- Resource Details Page: Grade/Levels Menus, Search Resources by User
- Search Page: Sidebar
- Navigation Bar
- Search Page: Open Resource in New Tab
- Admin Settings: Groups
- Resource Sharing: Resource Use, Tags
- Admin Settings: Consortiums
- Resource Details Page: Import Resource to Multiple Courses, File Type
- Resource Details Page: Download Link
- Admin Settings: User Rights, User Interface
- Share Page: Page Design, Sharing Options
- Resource Details Page: Grade Indicators
- User Interface: Search Page
- My Shared Resources: Delete Confirmation
- Search Resources: Page Loading
- Resource Sharing: Tags
- Shared Resources: Grade Level Range Slider
- Update Share Page: Text Change
Commons Updatable Resources
Updatable resources were introduced in the 2015-06-06 Release Notes. However, it should be emphasized that updating a resource will replace the previous version of the resource. This also applies to updating a course via Commons, which can replace constituent resources within the dependent course, resetting or replacing important settings, course design, and even resources like assignments.
- Import Resources: Course Dates and User Roles
- Thumbnail Images: Flickr Creative Commons
- Resource Updates: Conversations Notifications
- Share Resources: Required Metadata Fields Annotation, Share with Only Me, Content Licensing
- Thumbnail Images: Minimum Custom Image Size
- Internationalization & Language Support
- Share Page: Upload Thumbnail Image
- Detail Page: Shared by
- Search Page: Home Page Banner
- Admin Settings
- Resource Details: Show Shared with Options
- Shared: Search and Remove Shared Resources
- Search: Account and Subaccount Visibility
- Search: Shared with Filter