How do I embed an Arc video quiz in Canvas?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Oct 31, 2018Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Nov 13, 2018
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

In Canvas, media owners can embed video quizzes from Arc in any feature area that contains the Rich Content Editor, including Assignments, Discussions, and Pages. Media is embedded using the Arc LTI tool.

Notes: 

• This feature is in beta and subject to change. If you would like this feature enabled for your account, please contact your admin.
  • Once a video quiz is embedded, it cannot be edited.

Open Rich Content Editor

Open Rich Content Editor

Open any Canvas feature area that supports the Rich Content Editor, such as Discussions, Assignments, or Pages. Click the Arc LTI icon [1].

If the Arc icon is not visible in the menu bar, click the More External Tools icon [2]. This icon appears when there are more than three LTI apps configured for the Rich Content Editor. The placement order is based on when the LTI tool was added for a course or account.

Locate Media

Locate Media

By default, the My Uploads page displays media from your collection. To view other collections, click the My Uploads menu [1].

To search for a video or audio file, click the Search icon [2].

Note: If you are an instructor, you can also view media uploads for your courses.

Select Media

Select Media

Hover over the media with a quiz icon you want to embed and click the Select This button.

Select Quiz

Select Quiz

In the Video Quiz Embed tab [1], click the Quiz drop-down menu [2], and select the quiz you want to embed with the media.

Embed Media

Choose Media

Click the Embed button.

Publish Media

Publish Media

To publish your content immediately, click the Save & Publish button [1]. To save your content as a draft, click the Save button [2].

You are here
Table of Contents > Video Quizzing > How do I embed an Arc video quiz in Canvas?

Attachments

Outcomes