How do I create an Arc video quiz in Canvas?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Oct 31, 2018Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Nov 13, 2018
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Media owners can create quizzes from their My Uploads page in Arc.

Notes:

• This feature is in beta and subject to change. If you would like this feature enabled for your account, please contact your admin.
  • If the quiz creation option does not display in Arc, this feature has not been enabled by your admin.
  • Currently, only multiple choice questions are supported.
  • Multiple quizzes can be added to a media file.

Create Quiz

Create Quiz

On the My Uploads page, locate the media, click the Options icon [1], and then click the Create Quiz link [2].

Add Quiz Details

Add Quiz Details

In the Video Quiz Title field [1], enter a name of the quiz.

In the Description field [2], enter an optional description, then click the Get Started button [3].

Add Questions

Add Questions

To create a quiz question, click the Add button. The Add button appears when the media is paused.

Edit Question Details

Edit Question Details

In the Question Stem field [1], add a question stem. The question stem contains the question and, if necessary, additional information.

To add answers to the question, type the answers in the Answer fields [2]. To select the correct answer, click the button next to that answer [3].

To add an additional answer choice, click the Add Answer link [4]. To delete an answer, click the Delete icon [5].

Vary Points by Answer

Vary Points by Answer

To vary points based on student responses, click the Vary points by answer checkbox [1].

With this option selected, you can set specific point totals for each option by typing the point value in the Points field [2] or using the arrows to increase or decrease the point value [3].

Shuffle Choices

Shuffle Choices

To shuffle answer choices, click the Shuffle Choices checkbox [1]. To lock an answer in its location, click the Lock icon [2]. To unlock a locked question, click the Unlock icon [3].

View Questions

View Questions

The dots in the timeline show the questions in the media [1]. To edit an existing question, hover your cursor over the dot, and click the Edit icon [2].

Return to Media

Return to Media

When you are done editing your video quiz, click the Done button.

View Media with Quiz

View Media with Quiz

On the My Uploads page, locate the media with the quiz. Click the Options icon [1], hover over the Quizzes link [2], and then view the name of the created quiz [3].

For users to take the quiz, the media must be embedded in Canvas.

Note: Once a video quiz is embedded, it cannot be edited.

You are here
Table of Contents > Video Quizzing > How do I create an Arc video quiz in Canvas?

Attachments

Outcomes