- Field admin: The Field Admin is the one designated Canvas admin who has primary access to Service Cloud - the console that allows you to manage, view, and create Support cases. You can view THIS short video for a rundown of the features and tools available.
- SLA (Service Level Agreement): With Tier One, you are ensured a one hour initial response time to any new cases. With the addition of LiveChat, you are also promised to be connected with an agent within two minutes.
Processes & workflow
- The case owner determines who is currently responsible for responding to the Support case. With Tier One, all your cases are automatically escalated to Canvas Support.
- If the information listed below can be provided in the case from the beginning, Support will be able to solve the issue much faster.
- Summary - [user(s)] in [course] are unable to [activity]
- User expected behavior - they should be able to [user expected behavior].
- Event time - this happened [date and time].
- Links to where you can see the problem - [blank.instructure.com/___]
- Troubleshooting done - I have tried [troubleshooting].
- Screencast or screenshot of the problem
- Additional notes
Once the ticket has been escalated to Canvas Support, knowing the status of the case is important when determining if the case is being worked.
- Open: The case is being worked on by a member of Support. Note the the case owner must be the “L1 queue” or in the name of a Support representative.
- Pending: The case has been responded to and the Support team is waiting on a response and/or more information.
- Oh Hold: The ticket cannot be resolved until work is completed outside of Support’s control. This status is usually used when a particular bug is identified.
- If you are providing more information to a case and “Post” to the case, you must also update the Status to “Open.” If you do not, the case will remain in “Pending” and the new information will not be noticed by the Support team.
- Instead, emailing directly to the case will automatically reopen the case.
- Adding additional information to a case will push the case to the bottom of the Support queue, as the added information will be read by the ticketing system as an update.
- Leverage your CSM relationship! If you have a case that needs a second pair of eyes or if you feel as though the issue isn’t being properly communicated or followed, we as your CSM team are always happy to provide as much help as possible.