Focus GPB Part III - How do I sync grades from Canvas to the Focus gradebook?

Document created by Abby Adams Employee on Mar 29, 2019
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

This is Part III and the final step for passing grades back to Focus. Part I outlines how to name assignment groups after Focus Categories, and Part II outlines properly setting up an assignment for grade passback (GPB). 

This guide shows how to pass grades to Focus through the Canvas gradebook after completing Parts I and II.

Open Grades

Open Grades

In Course Navigation, click the Grades link.

Sync Grades

If you are using the new Canvas gradebook, click the Actions menu and select the option to sync to your SIS (Focus).

If you are using the legacy Canvas gradebook, click the Export menu instead.

Post Grades

By default, all your assignment grades will be selected to passback to Focus. If you want only selected assignments to pass to Focus, deselect the assignments you do not want, or click that box at the top to deselect all, and then select the assignments you want to pass grades back for. Once you have selected your assignments, click the Post Grades button. 

After clicking Post Grades, the pop-up will change to say, "Scheduled. Click to see progress." By clicking on "click to see progress" text, you will be redirected within your Canvas course to the Grade Sync tab.

Grade Sync

The Grade Sync page is where you can view the status of your grade sync. You can see when you started the sync to Focus, what stage (out of five) that the process is in, its completion status, as well as how many assignments you sent at a time. 
Previous Topics: 

Attachments

Outcomes