Unconference - InstructureCon 2019

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach
The InstructureCon 2019 Unconference runs from 8:30 am – 1:00 pm on Friday, June 12, and will start in Grand Ballroom A (GB A) of the Conference Center. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Unconference Schedule
8:30 – 8:50 A.M.              Breakfast, mingle, generate ideas for the sessions (!)
8:50 – 9:30 A.M.              Welcome & Five-Minute Takeaways

9:45 – 10:35 A.M.           Breakout 1

10:45 – 11:35 A.M          Breakout 2

11:45 – 12:15 P.M.         Lunch & mingle

12:15 – 1:00 P.M.            Breakout 3
How will the Unconference function?
For anyone who hasn’t attended the Canvas Unconference before, the key is that the people who attend are the ones who decide on the session topics! These ideas will be mostly generated during the 8:30 – 8:50 AM time period, so come prepared with ideas of things you’d like to talk or learn more about! You’ll write your ideas on post-it notes, and Unconference helpers will use these ideas to organize multiple open sessions during each Breakout time period. You are free to attend any session, move to a different session, or even create your own session! There are no official leaders in any of the sessions. Instead, the focus is on sharing and collaboration between whoever attends a session. This also means sessions are meant to be very interactive!
Additional Resources/Information
I hope this information helps and if you have any questions about the Unconference don’t hesitate to reach out and let me know! Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you!