Canvas and Qmlativ developed an automated integration between the two systems for provisioning (rostering), utilizing APIs made available from OneRoster 1.1. OneRoster enables data provisioning from Qmlativ to Canvas.
This article gives an overview of the Canvas and Qmlativ integration.
The OneRoster integration enables the following:
- Provisioning: a one-way transfer from Qmlativ's OneRoster 1.1 API to Canvas. As you make changes to users, courses, enrollments, ect. in Qmlativ, those changes will be reflected in Canvas with your nightly sync.
- There is currently no grade passback integration with Qmlativ.
*Terms are defined differently in Canvas and Qmlativ. Terms are built based on the earliest start date, and latest end date that a section may be associated to in Qmlativ. For that reason, terms may not match up exactly to the way that they are configured in Qmlativ.
Qmlativ Integration Prerequisites
- Request your OneRoster 1.1 credentials from Qmlativ. Licensing may be required by Qmlativ. Please talk to your SIS provider for additional information. Your OneRoster credentials (API URL, client key, and client secret) should be sent to us securely via a Canvas-provided link.
- Once our team receives your OneRoster 1.1 credentials, we will check our ability to connect.
- If you are converting from one SIS to another, or are transitioning from from a different integration, our team will need to perform an evaluation against your data. Our team will let you know if we have concerns about converting.
Known Qmlativ Integration Limitations
- There are currently no known limitations for Qmlativ data provisioning.
If you are interested in enabling the Qmlativ Integration for provisioning, please contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) for consideration.