If enabled by your institution, you can select personal pronouns to add to your user account. Personal pronouns display after your name in various areas in Canvas, including:
- Comment Fields
- People Page (Course and Groups)
- User Navigation Menu
- User Profile Page
- User Settings Page
- If you cannot view pronouns in your User Settings, your institution has not enabled this feature.
- LTI tools, such as New Quizzes and Analytics, do not currently support displaying pronouns.
Open User Settings
In Global Navigation, click the Account link , then click the Settings link .
In the Pronouns drop-down menu, select your personal pronouns.
- If the Pronouns drop-down menu does not display in your User Settings, your institution has not enabled this feature.
- Pronoun options are managed by your institution. You cannot add pronoun options.
You can view your personal pronouns in your User Settings . Your personal pronouns will also display after your name in many areas throughout Canvas .