If you believe that your work or the work of another has been copied and shared to Commons in a way that constitutes copyright infringement (as referenced in our terms of service) please review the following options for a resolution:
Contact the Author
If you know the author who shared the content to Commons, attempt to contact the author of the content. It may be that the content was shared without any knowledge of copyright infringement.
Contact your Canvas Administrator
If you cannot reach the author, contact your Canvas Administrator for assistance. Admins have the ability to edit or delete resources shared to Commons. For more information, please refer to the guide How do I manage shared resources for my account in Commons?
Contact our Copyright Agent
If legal assistance is needed, please contact our Copyright Agent with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of the location on the Instructure Properties of the material that you claim is infringing;
- Your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Contact information for Instructure’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is as follows: Howard Baik; 6330 South 3000 East, Suite 700, Salt Lake City, UT 84121; email@example.com.