How to install the Powerschool XML Plugin for the Canvas - Powerschool Integration.
- Login to the admin portal of Powerschool
- In the left hand navigation go to Setup, and click on System:
- Under Server in the settings, click on System Settings:
- On the System Settings page click on Plugin Management Configuration:
- On the Plugin Management Dashboard click the Install button on the right hand side:
- On The Plugin Install Page click Choose File, locate the recently downloaded Canvas XML file (attached below to this document), and click Install on the right hand side:
- Once it has been installed you should see it on the Plugin Management Dashboard page. Double check that the Canvas-Powerschool-API Plugin is enabled. Then click on the Canvas-Powerschool-API Plugin to go into the settings of the plugin.
- Under Installed Resources click on Data Configuration:
- Under OAuth Credentials you will see Client ID and Client Secret. Your Implementation Consultant will need the Client ID and Client Secret to finish the setup of your Powerschool Integration with Canvas. They will send you instructions on how to securely send this information to them.
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to your Canvas Implementation Consultant.
We have two versions of the XML plugin you can install in Powerschool. One gives Canvas read only access to the SSN field of Powerschool. The other does not give Canvas access to this field. It is up to your district/school to decide which version you want to install.