GPB Update: 2016-05-31

Document created by Hailee Anderson Employee on May 31, 2016
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

GRADE PASS BACK UPDATE: 2016-05-31

pexels-photo-46274.jpegATTENTION POWERSCHOOL USERS:

PowerSchool is coming out with a new gradebook that supports standards. Teachers will have a choice to use the new gradebook, called PowerTeacher Pro, alongside the existing PowerTeacher Gradebook.  Canvas will continue to support grade pass back functionality with the existing PowerSchool gradebook. Canvas is currently looking at improving standards (Outcomes) within Canvas.  Development for grade pass back with the new PowerTeacher Pro gradebook will be in-conjunction with Canvas development of standards work.

What does this mean for you? Grade Pass Back will still continue to work for those using the current PowerTeacher Gradebook.  However, if you choose to upgrade to the new PowerTeacher Pro gradebook, Canvas Grade Pass Back will not be available yet.  Before making the switch we encourage you to reach out to your CSM.

PowerSchool:

Feature: As an instructor I can now access my courses in Canvas when I move to another school entity within PowerSchool.

CSV Gateway:

Bug: Resolved issue with SFTP agent that could not be saved when providing 'Private Key' authentication information.

Attachments

Outcomes