Canvas Studio: Scheduler/Calendar Integration

Document created by Renee Carney Administrator on Sep 7, 2016Last modified by Renee Carney Administrator on Mar 21, 2017
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

ON BETA

Canvas + Logo transparent (GRAY)- 300px.png

Rationale
  1. Students are having a hard time figuring out where to sign up for Appointment Slots in Canvas.
  2. Teachers would like an easier way to see who has signed up for Appointment Slots
  3. Everyone would like more integration of Appointment Slots with their Calendar.

User goals
  • As a user, my entry point to appointments is through the calendar so that I can view appointments in the context of other things on my schedule.
  • As a user, I am able to visually differentiate appointment slots from other calendar events.
  • As a user, I am able to visually differentiate reserved appointment slots from unreserved appointment slots, so that I know which appointments on my calendar I am committed to and which appointments are not committed to.
  • As a teacher, I can create appointment slots for a course in the calendar so that students can see the available appointment slots on their calendar.
  • As a teacher, I can see a list of students who have signed up for all of the appointment slots in an assignment group.
  • As a teacher, I can easily see all appointment slots on my calendar.
  • As a student, I can select and view and select a range of available appointment slots on my calendar in the context of other calendar items, so that I can properly schedule a time.
  • As a student, I can only reserve and unreserve available appointment slots in the future.

Timeline

This is scheduled to be released to production, behind a feature flag in November.

7 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes