Quizzes.Next: Design Rationale

Document created by Renee Carney Administrator on Feb 10, 2017Last modified by Renee Carney Administrator on Feb 17, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Rationale

The assessment and measurement of student knowledge is a critical component in the education cycle.  The need for well-developed assessment tools (quizzes, tests, exams)  is reliant upon the modern mechanisms designed to support these processes in a reliable and secure way. The need for a modern quizzing platform is critical for the effective measurement of student learning across  institutions.

Why Quizzes.Next?

• Tool designed based on feedback from the Canvas Community
  • Meet client expectations for a modern quizzing (testing) engine

• Designed to allow for item-by-item management

• Enhanced functionality around question management and item banking

• New authoring, delivery, and reporting experiences

• More question types to accurately measure learning

• Support of classical and item response theories

• Simplified design and responsive user experience

• Codeline built using modern technologies to ensure a more consistent user experience

User Benefit

As an instructor, I should be able to assess the learning of my students using a modern and best-in-breed quizzing engine that will enable me to measure student learning with simplicity and capture meaningful assessment data.

Success Metrics

The success of a modern quizzing engine includes increased client satisfaction, the decline in reported issues, and increased use of quizzes across all market segments.

7 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes