Images are great way to grab attention. Read on to learn the steps to adding banner images to blog posts, events, and/or user profiles.
STEP 1: Get Your Image
The most important thing to consider when adding banner images to your blog posts and events are the dimensions of the image you will add. Ideally you have a high resolution image in mind, that you would like to use. You can also use great online resources to find awesome (non-cheesy) stock art. Here are some of my favorite sources to find stunning imagery, most of which are free for commercial use and do not require attribution:
- Stock Up - 13,000+ Free Stock Photos
STEP 2: Crop Your Image
After you've determined the image you'd like to use you, you'll need to crop it to the optimal dimensions of 1280px (width) by 400px (height). Here's a great tool (Fotor) that you can use to crop images online without having to use a more powerful, yet complex app like Photoshop or the similar free/open source editor, GIMP.Here's a video to show you how to crop a high res photo, using Fotor:Direct Video Link: Blog and Event Banner Specifications for Jive - YouTube
STEP 3: Add Your Image to the Blog, Event or Profile
- Click the "Add a banner image" link right above the title of the Blog, Event or User Profile
- Choose the file that you have cropped to dimension ratio of 1280x400 pixels
- Leave the position selection as "Centered" (or feel free to try other positions to see if you prefer the other look/feel)
- Once selected, your image will be applied!