How do I know when I'll get added to a course or program from the Catalog wait list?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Apr 13, 2017Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Jul 19, 2017
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

If you want to enroll in a listing but enrollment is closed, you may be able to add your name to a wait list and be automatically enrolled if a spot opens. You can remove yourself from the wait list at any time. When a spot is available in a course or program, you will be notified by email.

Spots can become available if a student drops a course or program, or if an administrator increases the enrollment limit.

View Wait List on Listing

View Wait List on Listing 

When a course or program listing has been closed for enrollment, you can add your name to the wait list.

Remove from Wait List

Remove from Wait List 

The listing status message will confirm you have been added to the wait list and will be notified when a spot is available.

You can remove yourself from the wait list at any time.

View Wait List on Dashboard

View Wait List on Dashboard 

The Catalog dashboard also displays a Wait List tab, where you can view the name of the course. Again, you can remove yourself from the wait list at any time.

Receive Email Notification

When a spot is available in a course or program, you will receive an email notification.

Email for Free Listings

Email for Free Listings

If you were wait listed for a free course, you will receive a regular course invitation enrollment and be added to the course automatically.

Email for Paid Listings

Email for Paid Listings

If you were wait listed for a paid course, you will receive an invitation to join the course. You will have 12 hours to accept the course invitation before the invitation expires and the next student is invited to join the course.

If you do not want to be on the wait list, you can remove yourself by clicking the link at the bottom of the email.

You are here
Table of Contents > All Users > How do I know when I'll get added to a course or program from the Catalog wait list?

Attachments

Outcomes