How do I edit my account settings in Commons?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Apr 12, 2017Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Aug 28, 2017
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

As an admin, you can change your account settings at any time.

Open Admin Settings

Open Admin Settings 

In Commons Navigation, click the Admin link.

Open Account Settings

Open Account Settings 

Click the Account Settings tab.

Edit Public Commons

Edit Public Commons

By default, users will be able to share and view public content.

To disable public sharing, deselect the Allow users to share to public account setting [1]. This will remove the Public option when finding a resource in Commons and the Share with public (All Canvas users) option when sharing a resource to Commons.

To prevent users in your account from viewing publicly shared content, deselect the Allow users to view publicly shared content setting [2]. This option will hide all publicly shared resources from your Commons account.

Notes:

• Authors of publicly shared resources will always be able to view their resource.
  • If the Allow users to view publicly shared content option is disabled, admins will not be able to view public resources and discovering users will not be able to view updates to previously imported public resources.

Edit Standards & Outcomes

Edit Standards & Outcomes

By default, Standards & Outcomes settings are enabled.

To disable users from tagging federal or state standards to shared resources in Commons, toggle the Show Common Core Standards (ELA, Math) [1] or Show State Standards [2] settings respectively.

Note: An enabled setting within Canvas toggles is indicated by a green check mark.

Save Account Settings

Save Account Settings

Click the Save button.

View Updated Account Settings

View Updated Account Settings 

View updated account settings.

You are here
Table of Contents > Admin Users > How do I edit my account settings in Commons?

Attachments

Outcomes