How do I create a user in an Arc site as an admin?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Apr 13, 2017Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Dec 5, 2017
Version 8Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

When users access Arc through Canvas, users are automatically given an Arc account and added to the Arc users list. However, if you need to add a specific user to Arc (usually as an admin), you should create their account through your institution's Arc site.

When you add a user to your Arc site, the user receives an email invitation to create a password to access the Arc site.

Note: Currently once you create a user, you cannot remove the user from the Arc account.

Open Arc URL

Open Arc URL

In a browser window, enter the URL of your Arc account.

Enter Email and Password

Enter Email and Password

In the Email field [1], enter your email address. This is the email address where you received your invitation to create an Arc password.

In the Password field [2], enter your password. If you forgot your password, click the Forgot password? link [3].

Click the Sign In button [4].

Open User Menu

Open User Menu

In the navigation menu, click the My Uploads menu.

Open Admin Dashboard

Open Admin Dashboard

Click the Admin Dashboard link.

Create User

Create User

Click the Create User button.

Enter User Details

Enter User Details 

Enter the user's information for the account. The user's information only affects how the user is viewed in the Arc account and does not have any affect on a user's Canvas account. However, for best results, a user's Arc account information should match the user's Canvas information.

In the Full Name field [1], enter the user's full name.

In the Display Name field [2], enter the name that should be seen by other users in the account.

In the Email field [3], enter the user's email address. The user will be sent an email address to create an account password.

If you want to give admin rights to the user, click the Is Admin checkbox [4].

Save User

Save User

Click the Save button.

You are here
Table of Contents > Arc Site > How do I create a user in an Arc site as an admin?

Attachments

Outcomes