Search for product guides, answers, blogs, release notes, and more:
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2,108,538 members
475,321 posts

See what's happening in the Community

Read the lastest Community news and updates. Be informed about updates from our product teams. Catch up on trending discussions.

I'm submitting this ticket because I just took a test and in the last couple (10 or so) seconds the test prompted me that it was about to be turned in and I even believe one of the main options was to just turn it in immediately as opposed to continu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Mixing Google Workspace and Microsoft Office 365 can be a bit like juggling with two balls from different sets. It's doable, but you gotta be on your toes!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As far as I can see, the addition of content to Commons is from units. Is it possible to add content from within the Commons tool itself? I'm looking to add to Commons a number of images and see I can add multiple images from one unit/course. However...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum

Canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can you mark this as a "SOLUTION" ? it's not a solution it's jsut a wish. I also wish that this functinality was built into an API at the very least. I find Canvas very light on the capability front. 

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I don't imagine you found a solution? This is the type of thing I am looking for as well.  

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@KimberlyBavis They will only receive a certificate email from Catalog.

(Community Coach)
Canvas Catalog Discussion
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I am preparing Canvas workshops at a small university transitioning from Sakai into Canvas this Fall.  Should I train the faculty to use both Classic and New Quizzes at this time (April 24th)?  Are there any advantages of using Classic quizzes fo...

(Community Novice)
New Quizzes Discussion
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

While we’re at it, can we get our profile pictures to reattach when we purposefully copy over announcements from another course? The idea that we’re supposed to copy/paste every announcement and manually change every date on every course copy is ment...

(Community Participant)
Instructor Discussion
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Situation: a student registered for a canvas course through Catalog, that had the certificate option and requirements were set in the course. Can someone confirm my thought that the student will not receive a course completion email from Catalog AND ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Catalog Discussion
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there @yjs2104! Modules aren't something that are typically listed in that Canvas navigation menu. Modules are something that will be within individuals courses. However, every college can alter what they have listed on that menu that Canvas navig...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Try this workaround https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Question-Forum/Question-details-not-available-when-more-than-25/m-p/600619/highlight/true#M200567  

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

See this work around  https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Question-Forum/Question-details-not-available-when-more-than-25/m-p/600619/highlight/true#M200567  

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Try Brave browser it's working for me: Good luck! see: https://jmp.sh/puM5Czgs  

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

It works for me using Brave! see: https://jmp.sh/puM5Czgs

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Thanks so much for this!Check out screenshots of the process at: https://jumpshare.com/b/moeW3YMRUWVdALzwUtLb P.S. Canvas Chat Help use Jumpshare which is where I got the link  

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This appears to have broken some Canvas pages that still used jQuery, like Classic Quizzes question groups collapse/expand. Are there any other parts of Canvas I should expect to break that we haven't seen yet?

(Community Participant)
The Product Blog
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi I understand where some of you are coming from, whether the students have changed the dashboard setting to card view or the list. My gut is telling me that there is no way to have a default page/course, where the students will automatically go to ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Weblogs records contain activity in the system, some of which is human-initiated (such as clicking on a link) and some of which is system-internal (stuff going on "under the hood" when e.g., a user clicks on a link). One human action can result in ma...

(Community Participant)
Data and Analytics Group
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I found a solution see: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Question-Forum/Question-details-not-available-when-more-than-25/m-p/447273 https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Question-Forum/Question-details-not-available-when-more-than-25/m-p...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There is a way see: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Question-Forum/Question-details-not-available-when-more-than-25/m-p/447273  

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I used to see "module" icon between courses and calendar icons. However, I cannot see that icon anymore from this week. (See the attached file.) What should I do to enable that module icon?Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi @AshleyPorter1  I suspect that within the library course, all the students may actually be under a single section.  If that is the case, then limiting section privileges will not really help. The ability to send messages via the Inbox is controlle...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi @LukeFairbanks  While the grade book may look like a spreadsheet, that's not exactly what it is.  The only thing that can be displayed in a grade book column is a value that can be identified as a valid grade.  Except for the "Notes" column (which...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Agreed. The running total functions from Bb served as an accumulative model rather than treating pending/yet-to-be completed assignments as a default 100% (which served to adjust/deduct points when graded).The closest workaround I've found is to use ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm trying to use the gradebook to show the students what their scanned markings from scantron look like by making a column in the standard way for grade book uploading. I attached some screenshots of what the CSV columns look like as well as what th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The scope you need in your auth code request is something like "url:GET|/api/v1/users/:user_id/profile" (getting the user's profile gets most "userinfo" you would need). This is assuming the SAME scope is selected int he corresponding Developer Key ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Developers Group
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The Canvas community is awesome. always ready to help me when I have a problem or in need of some assistance. Thank you Canvas community! 

(Community Member)
Community Blog
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you set one course pace and it adjusts based on when the student is enrolled without creating sections in the course?

(Community Member)
Course Pacing (Feature Preview)
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problem statement: When accessing the link validator screen in master courses, I cannot tell when the last link validation was done and if I have to navigate away from a course to take care of something else and then go back, I cannot even tell if th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Ideas

Canvas LMS

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@pashultz  If you haven't done so already this would be good to report to Canvas Support so they can investigate the issue further and resolve it.

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies
Join and Host Live Events

Join and Host Live Events

Join a free live event hosted by employees and other Community members. Host a free event to share your knowledge and engage with users around the world.

View All Events